AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas - Late in vs Richmond - 25/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel;

“I’m really liking the look of Elijah. I think he will spend a bit of time through the mid and forward. Ben Hobbs is obviously developing nicely as well,” Shiel said.

“I love the way Elijah goes about hunting the footy, he gets low and right over it, he’s not afraid to cop a knock over the head as well, he’s been really good at getting a few free kicks by putting his head over it, which is always a good sign from a first-year player to get in and get dirty.”

Good signs for Elijiah considering the knock on him from some was a bit in his ability to handle the physical inside stuff

Shiel;

“I’m really liking the look of Elijah. I think he will spend a bit of time through the mid and forward. Ben Hobbs is obviously developing nicely as well,” Shiel said.

“I love the way Elijah goes about hunting the footy, he gets low and right over it, he’s not afraid to cop a knock over the head as well, he’s been really good at getting a few free kicks by putting his head over it, which is always a good sign from a first-year player to get in and get dirty.”

Good signs for Elijiah considering the knock on him from some was a bit in his ability to handle the physical inside stuff
Was that the knock? Or was it mainly the tackling numbers? Which I didn't care too much about.

Hoping he becomes our selwood/shuey.

Was that the knock? Or was it mainly the tackling numbers? Which I didn't care too much about.

There have been questions raised about his physicality.

It was mostly defensive running. Nuffies were talking about a lack of physicality.

It’s funny — on one hand he kind of looks immature but on the other you can see the frame of a genuine unit of a mid. The quads are epic.

I’m not sure we’ve drafted a young mid with the physical potential of Tsatas. Hobbs was already a unit but just not big enough and Perkins more of the hybrid half forward type. Here’s hoping he becomes the next Dangerfield.

It’s funny — on one hand he kind of looks immature but on the other you can see the frame of a genuine unit of a mid. The quads are epic.

I’m not sure we’ve drafted a young mid with the physical potential of Tsatas. Hobbs was already a unit but just not big enough and Perkins more of the hybrid half forward type. Here’s hoping he becomes the next Dangerfield.

After Perkins, Hobbs and Tsatas, time to zero in on "man beast" George Stevens.

Already 190-90.

Screenshot_20230120-132034.png

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So HUN reporting around 8 weeks with a meniscus injury. Not great but not terrible.

Shiel missed 5 months with a meniscus tear in 2021, so 8 weeks is probably the lower end of what it could have been (so kinda lucky?)

8 weeks from Wednesdat puts us 1 day before round 1 starts. Will still probably see him this year but it just won't be until a couple of months in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back