Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - managed vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

It was replayed 3 or 4 times on the telecast. Zero to worry about.

Let’s just say he makes contact with the jaw - as he was running at the ball and deviated away from contact, would he have got suspended?
What if he kept running straight at ball and just barrelled through?

Thats why the game is stuffed. Only a hairline between nothing to worry about to 3 weeks.

Let’s just say he makes contact with the jaw - as he was running at the ball and deviated away from contact,
would he have got suspended ?
What if he kept running straight at ball and just barrelled through?

Thats why the game is stuffed. Only a hairline between nothing to worry about to 3 weeks.

Absolutely agree. There has to be a more commonsense approach to football collisions that cause injuries. Players shouldn't be held accountable for football acts when the deciding factor turns on a couple of cm higher or lower.

I don't recall us extending his initial contract yet?
We extended it right after his first game.

2026 feels too soon though.

Would prefer something closer to 2036 myself.

We extended it right after his first game.

2026 feels too soon though.

Would prefer something closer to 2036 myself.
Wow thanks, completely forgot that.

And I approve your proposal

Imagine him, LDU and Sheez roving to a good tap ruckman, say a Goldstein (the guy who plays for Essendon).
Youtube Corrida GIF

Imagine him, LDU and Sheez roving to a good tap ruckman, say a Goldstein (the guy who plays for Essendon).
We would get beaten by 200 points each game. Not only would we get beaten on turnover and on the outside, but as soon as we lose the clearance, the opposition would be out of the their like a flash.

We would get beaten by 200 points each game. Not only would we get beaten on turnover and on the outside, but as soon as we lose the clearance, the opposition would be out of the their like a flash.
I generally rate your opinions FSS

But,

Are you saying that xerri is the difference between our dogshit current state midfield and getting routinely fisted ala annabel Chong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I generally rate your opinions FSS

But,

Are you saying that xerri is the difference between our dogshit current state midfield and getting routinely fisted ala annabel Chong?
We are getting fisted, not because of midfield contested game (which has been poor and out of sorts) but because of defensive efforts inside and on the spread. Xerri’s tackles, second, third efforts, smothers all protect the fact that our mids outside Wardlaw don’t really lift a finger to cover the opposition when they win and when they have it.

We are getting fisted, not because of midfield contested game (which has been poor and out of sorts) but because of defensive efforts inside and on the spread. Xerri’s tackles, second, third efforts, smothers all protect the fact that our mids outside Wardlaw don’t really lift a finger to cover the opposition when they win and when they have it.
Xerri makes our midfield a 5-6 goal less effective unit.

Watching George run around in the bounding roo jumper, with the hooped socks was a delight.

Just beautiful viewing.

giantroo can we get a split screen of Wardlaw’s hit on Wilson and Archers on Hayes?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back