Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. Groin issues. Didn't he have groin issues at one stage?
He had/has osteitis pubis. Noticed some people inferring that his time on the sidelines for us was covered up 'personal issues' ever since the drugs policy story broke earlier in the month. But I don't buy that and am pretty sure it was osteitis pubis + Joe not caring.

He had/has osteitis pubis. Noticed some people inferring that his time on the sidelines for us was covered up 'personal issues' ever since the drugs policy story broke earlier in the month. But I don't buy that and am pretty sure it was osteitis pubis + Joe not caring.
David Noble implied last year that Joe was completely fine in 2020. Just didn’t want to play.

Guess it was a situation wherein the player was desperate to leave and the club was desperate to keep him.
Don't reckon that behaviour would fly under the current regime.
I think the lesson for the club is that we should’ve traded him in 2019.

David Noble implied last year that Joe was completely fine in 2020. Just didn’t want to play.
Might have been a bit of that in 2020 (I’m not aware) but he definitely had serious groin issues leading into his last year on our list. The injury was 100% legit.

Might have been a bit of that in 2020 (I’m not aware) but he definitely had serious groin issues leading into his last year on our list. The injury was 100% legit.
Have heard a few comments on him not wanting to play but as you say he was seriously ****ed for a while. Maybe he was not confident given he tried to do the right thing by the club and play through it initially but failed so he did not want to push it too hard at the back end of what was a pretty ****ed up season for us behind the scenes.

Have heard a few comments on him not wanting to play but as you say he was seriously ****ed for a while. Maybe he was not confident given he tried to do the right thing by the club and play through it initially but failed so he did not want to push it too hard at the back end of what was a pretty ****ed up season for us behind the scenes.
It’s interesting. AD doesn’t seem to have much time for the club anymore (not that I talk to him much these days). I have a feeling that there may be something in it. AD also lost the FM contract at the club around the same time. I’m not saying that they are linked but the timing is interesting and it does point to a slightly acrimonious ending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s interesting. AD doesn’t seem to have much time for the club anymore…
Adrian Dodoro is also AD. this post is a massive tease to a lot of people

Yep, that only pertains to 2020. I also believe the injury was legit in 2018/2019. Looking at how poorly he was chasing last night, maybe it’s resurfacing?

Yep, that only pertains to 2020. I also believe the injury was legit in 2018/2019. Looking at how poorly he was chasing last night, maybe it’s resurfacing?

With Daniher it could easily just be laziness.

Has all the tools to be the best forward in the league, but seems to care more about having ‘fun’.

When the team was winning he seemed to be more engaged in doing the small things, now they’re not, back to having fun.

Don't think many players really wanted to be at the club around the tail end of Worsfold's tenure.
It's why I think if Merrett hadn't have knuckled down and set the standards we might be a North Melbourne level rabble right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back