Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Working hard selling lemons? 🍋
You Got This Bad Day GIF by Unpopular Cartoonist

Find it really interesting that Brisbane have been able to deliver him peace by allowing him to stay away from the club as much as possible, not plastering his face on everything and letting him be the aloof weirdo that we always knew he was. He's the most gifted player on their list but he's probably the 5th or 6th biggest star. Contrast that with us putting him in the leadership group and making him the face of the whole operation and you can barely blame him for wanting to get out.

Can also certainly understand why we didn't want to give up on him, 200+ centimetre jumping jacks with easy 70 metre kicking penetration that stand up in big games are once in a decade plus finds, you sell your soul to get them and you don't give them up without a fight.

Had a great game. Would have gone close in the NS if they won.
nah, not even close - he had a few highlights but he squibbed so many contests, refused to run and yelled at his teammates a lot.

nah, not even close - he had a few highlights but he squibbed so many contests, refused to run and yelled at his teammates a lot.
Sorry but that is blatantly false. He killed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Joe had a furrowed brow and steely look of determination oft seen from the big derp, like he'd said to himself... today no goofing, no antics, I'm going to win this club the flag off my own boot. Still didn't stop him roosting lefties 60m to Collingwood chests instead of taking the easy handball but it's a start I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back