Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can think of another left footer with questionable goal kicking who broke out in an elimination final. He went on to kick 100 and win a flag the following year. Was a year older too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By far the biggest positive to come out of tonight. Just give him time and games. That's all he needs. The rest he will do on his own. The scary thing is that Carlisle will be getting the #2 defender in a lot of games in the future. North got away with their short defense this year due to his absence......but soon opposition teams will struggle to contain our tall forwards.

He lost his virginity too?

After seeing him close up during the week I find it highly unlikely. Damn this boy has got some talent. Whilst physical maturity will benefit him I think more importantly self belief will kick in after tonight and he is going to be a pain the arse for back lines next year

Just as a sidenote, Daniher will still take time to develop. People need to be cautious with their expectations. I do think his accuracy will improve. In the warmups he kicks 70-80% of his shots, and he seems to have started a new routine of taking time, giving himself a fair way to walk, then slowly approaching his shot. Tonight he missed a couple because he probably got a tad to close to the man on the mark, but I'm pretty certain we will see an improvement in his accuracy next year.

After seeing him close up during the week I find it highly unlikely. Damn this boy has got some talent. Whilst physical maturity will benefit him I think more importantly self belief will kick in after tonight and he is going to be a pain the arse for back lines next year
He's a star footballer...good looks not required to pull.

Was EPIC tonight.. just another glimpse into the future this kid has. Can absolutely see a situation where you just leave him one out in the forward 50.. backs already struggle to contain him on the lead.. and he will only get better.

Dropped a few.. but was clearly our best forward on the night.. and I'm glad he won goal kicking because he has been our most reliable and consistent forward all year. Other than the two weeks of sheer craziness from Carlisle.. JD has been the anchor of our forwardline.

Probably some had expectations too high.. or expected more goals.. but 48 scoring shots and 27 contested marks.. 112 total marks.. ahhh just good stuff.

Getting 20 odd games experience into him this year, paid off last night.. and will continue to pay off in the future. Haven't been this excited about a player since Heppell.. and JD may end up better than him.

Imagining Heppell, JD and Z Merrett alongside Hurley, Carlisle, Hooker.. our top 6 is sorted for the next 10 years!

Has exceeded my expectations big time this year. 28.20 as the #1 key forward in his 2nd year is a fantastic return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back