Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else, this bloke will keep me keen to see us play for the next decade. His enthusiasm can be contagious.

My thoughts exactly, and throw Dyson Heppell in there too. I am confident with these two in our side for the next decade we will be a good football team.

He kicked one goal and celebrated exuberantly and then he checked himself - I think he is trying to tone down his excitement when he kicks a goal which I think is a sign of maturity. I hope and suspect that no one has said anything and it is just him deciding to tone it down himself.

He kicked one goal and celebrated exuberantly and then he checked himself - I think he is trying to tone down his excitement when he kicks a goal which I think is a sign of maturity. I hope and suspect that no one has said anything and it is just him deciding to tone it down himself.

Yep. Those little applause's he does as well.

Shakes hands before the game as well. How cute.

I want 50 goals next year. Would be disappointed with less than 40 (more because we need him to than saying 39 goals would be deemed poor)

I want 50 goals next year. Would be disappointed with less than 40 (more because we need him to than saying 39 goals would be deemed poor)
I'm pretty confident he can pass 50 goals.

His last month saw a return of 2, 1, 2 and 4... with increasing marks and contested marks in that time.

You then look before the injury and he had a run of 3,3, 1,1,2,0,1... which is remarkable consistency for a second year KPF.

I think the EF was a little taste of what we can expect a lot next year.. defences just crapping themselves about how to stop his reach, leads and marking.. and if he improves his goal kicking then it could be over 60 goals.

With the goal kicking.. he wasn't that bad as a junior.. so i think it could be a fitness thing.. has worked so hard to get the ball that he runs out of legs a little on the kick.. he kicked some beauties in those last couple of rounds.. so hopefully that will give him confidence to settle down and convert his chances.

EF also showed that he does alright in iso down forward.. if he has a high lead up HF to help him.. so would love to see that tactic a bit more too if we can..

He also took a contested mark by protecting the drop zone which was a good sign. All year he's struggled with this due to lack of leg and core strength.

Imagine him hurting the opposition on the lead (like he's already doing) and holding his ground (like he is doing on occasion) with monotonous regularity.

Ok, I've stopped imagining that now and it was very nice.

The quality of delivery into the forward line and the amount of times it goes in forward 50 need to increase a little for Daniher to kick 50 goals or more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quality of delivery into the forward line and the amount of times it goes in forward 50 need to increase a little for Daniher to kick 50 goals or more.

The delivery was s**t this year and he missed games and he still had more than 50 shots on goal and gave another 15-20 odd off. It only gets better from here

Really? I always saw him as a similar type to Tippett.

I recall what Paul Salmon was when he came into the league, and it gives me hope that Joe can put a fair bit of weight on his frame. The only issue will be if he has more of TDs genes, he seemed to be the one of the 4 brothers that maintained a wirey, sinewy frame throughout whereas the other 3 managed to put on bulk.

Will become Reiwoldtish in frame.
Really? I always saw him as a similar type to Tippett.
Buddy.

Big, broad, but will fill out overall rather than ever becoming hulking or even shapely.

He'll monster guys though, just like Buddy did to Hurley this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back