AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Your ANZAC Day Medallist - 25/4

Remove this Banner Ad

ESSENDON will take a line-up closer to full strength to Geelong for its second pre-season game this Friday as skipper Zach Merrett predicted some "nervous" players jostling for spots in the Bombers' round one team.

ESSENDON will take a line-up closer to full strength to Geelong for its second pre-season game this Friday as skipper Zach Merrett predicted some "nervous" players jostling for spots in the Bombers' round one team.
They're probably more nervous about playing Geelong to do it. Sorry boys, can't play Essendon again this week!

The smart nervous ones will be 'unavailable' for this... they'll look much better not playing at all than on the field getting rings run around them and being beaten up like little schoolboys!

Thought he was only okay yesterday. Did some good things but didn’t stand out too much.

Check the stat sheet and he’s had 31 stats, 8 marks and 6 clearances.

Shows just how much of a gun he truly is.

Thought he was only okay yesterday. Did some good things but didn’t stand out too much.

Check the stat sheet and he’s had 31 stats, 8 marks and 6 clearances.

Shows just how much of a gun he truly is.
And would have been better if he did not fumble a few chances.

Incredible - I considered it a bit of an off game watching live, which is probably a harsh way of wording it. It’s just how high a bar he’s set. Just an unbelievable footballer.
I watched on tv and thought he was ‘fumbly’.

He was very fumbly. And in fact I think if he wasn't, we would have won by more.

But when he did have it, you could see the difference between him and the other players. The way he switched feet positioning and turned to find the best option, and stopping time while doing so, was great to see.

And would have been better if he did not fumble a few chances.

He was under a fair bit of stress leading into the game, not knowing if him and I were going to be forced separated by evil mods, and it was only at 10.08am on game day that we got confirmation that our marriage was still intact.

So under the circumstances it was a Heroic performance by MY BOY. :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was very fumbly. And in fact I think if he wasn't, we would have won by more.

But when he did have it, you could see the difference between him and the other players. The way he switched feet positioning and turned to find the best option, and stopping time while doing so, was great to see.
he just wanted to give them a sniff, not the whole game though!

i thought he played fine, he might've had a bit of an off game but he still did excellently.

Clueless Movie Aww GIF by filmeditor

May have gone under the radar because of the 2MP thing but Nathan Buckley is doing an in depth interview featured with Zac Merret that'll go to air this weekend.

In the preview I saw, Zac touched on the lack of leadership that was thrust on the younger guys from when he first reached the club. Going to be a ripper watch cause if that's in the brief

May have gone under the radar because of the 2MP thing but Nathan Buckley is doing an in depth interview featured with Zac Merret that'll go to air this weekend.

In the preview I saw, Zac touched on the lack of leadership that was thrust on the younger guys from when he first reached the club. Going to be a ripper watch cause if that's in the brief
Wow I am shocked.
monkey-puppet-omg-shock-gif.gif

actually I am not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back