A Christmas tribute to the great Gary Ablett senior.

Who is the greatest Cat?

• Gary Ablett Senior

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Polly Farmer

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Wade/BobDavis/Scarlett/Bruce Nankervis/Rod Blake

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Gary Ablett junior

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can one of you guys help me, I’m doing some last minute Christmas shopping and I want to give my cousin a vid of the game where GAS won the flag. Any of you know which year this was in?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't link things like this because I have a tendancy to completely believe things I hear like this and it triggers my anxiety quite a lot and makes me fearful of anything outside my beautiful commune!

Get Vaccinated Jaz.

I was at that game, absolutely terrifying combo. Was Monky in the ruck too? I forget.

Ablett was sometimes lazy, usually undisciplined and probably a nutcase, and the best I ever saw.

In that list only Polly is in his class, but i never saw him play. Opinion is divided, some old farts think Farmer was better, fair enough.

I was at that game, absolutely terrifying combo. Was Monky in the ruck too? I forget.

Ablett was sometimes lazy, usually undisciplined and probably a nutcase, and the best I ever saw.

In that list only Polly is in his class, but i never saw him play. Opinion is divided, some old farts think Farmer was better, fair enough.

Peter Daicos was probably the second most fun and entertaining player to watch after Ablett Snr imo (I was too young to be indoctrinated into Pure Collingwood hate when I was kid watching the twilight of The Macedonian Marvel's career)

Best player in my lifetime was and still till this day is Tony Lockett.

Plugger played in far less talented teams than GAS ever did imo.

Can one of you guys help me, I’m doing some last minute Christmas shopping and I want to give my cousin a vid of the game where GAS won the flag. Any of you know which year this was in?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Give him the Buddy Franklin Richmond Rookie trading card instead.... oh wait, that was Richard Tambling

This picture, from Rd 1 1984, Gary's 7th VFL game. Had there been a rising star he might have got it here, although he was already 22. But in the other thread that asked which player would a side like to have drafted, imagine having this man in your side now as a 22 y/o. Even in this pic you could tell he was a powerhouse, and with all the athleticism you could imagine.

5703cb0d9105842a008babcf

Back