Meltdown Join me, Bruce McAvaney, in the countdown to 400 as we celebrate the greatest captain of the AFL era (no not Jab WhatsUp LOL as if)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
Hi Bay, Bruce McAvaney here AKA Mr. Olympics, Macca and that guy who likes saying 'special' a lot

1710452320910.png

I'm here to celebrate the achievements of probably - no, definitely - the greatest captain of the AFL era. Nobody can hold a candle to him really. Nor should they

Hailing from Sale in Victoria and coming to the AFL via the Gippsland Power, this former #5 draft pick debuted in 2006 since when he's been a 2x premiership player, premiership captain, Norm Smith medallist, AFLCA champion player of the year, 6x AA, 5x B&F, 2x AFLPA best captain, 3x ANZAC medallist and AFLCA best young player (and not many people know he also has a basketball background)

With the most disposals and tackles of all time, the man, the myth, the legend - people call him the Rolls Royce - that's right I'm talking about none other than future premiership coach Scott Pendlebury

Scott is sitting pretty on 384 games so with his legendary durability he should become just the 6th players to join the 400 club this June, after which he will quickly eclipse Felcher (400), Hungry (403) and some bloke called Silk (407) to stand on the podium alongside Tuck and Boomer before deciding if he wants to go around one more time and knock them off as well, or if he thinks 3 flags is really enough and he should let someone else have a go

I know you're as excited as I am (well, maybe not - who is) about this 'special' milestone and I can't wait to count it down with you, game by game

1710452204843.png

Divvy this post if it triggers you

Last edited:
Jerk Off GIF by Travis

Scott 'always 2nd to Joel Selwood' Pendlebury

Scott is still playing and Joel is done and dusted. Finished you might say. Mired in the mid-300s surrounded by other "good ordinary" players like Spuddy, Pav, Dougie Hawkins and the losingest player ever to play footy Kade Simpson :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice of you to start a fred about the greatest captain. Joel Selwood's record speaks for itself starting with 4 flags including one against the Flogpies and one to finish his career...

Whereas Pendles, as serviceable as he has kind of been, has clearly gone on a year too long. Shame about that :$

r0_0_4771_3181_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 8.55.59 am.jpg

Carltank fan values starting role in imaginary team over premierships; what a surprise

lol. Maybe read the Fred title all the way to the end
Your OP has about 5 words about premierships, and the rest about individual stuff. Clear to see what you value more as well.

Poor mans Voss and Hodge.

Also Buckley carried a bunch of *s to the GF twice and only lost because Voss is such a great leader of men. Buckley is still your clubs best.

Your OP has about 5 words about premierships, and the rest about individual stuff. Clear to see what you value more as well.

Poor mans Voss and Hodge.

Also Buckley carried a bunch of *s to the GF twice and only lost because Voss is such a great leader of men. Buckley is still your clubs best.
True, but 'best' is a relative term, especially when you're referring to Colonwobble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back