Remove this Banner Ad

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know why I'm doing this ... :p

It occurs to me that many Port supporters will be going on Sunday, either on daily tickets or season tickets borrowed from their Crows mates - and that they may not be aware of an issue that affected the Crows v West Coast game.

There were problems with some of the season tickets; apparently there was a printing stuffup with some of the bar codes and they did not scan properly. This caused some delays in entry to the ground. Not huge, but enough to cause concern about the opening bounce if you arrived 15-20 minutes prior.

I have spoken to the club and they tell me that the affected tickets are being re-issued (mine was OK, so I don't directly know the status of this, but I do know that one of our members has already received his new ticket) - and also that there will be additional redcoats on duty to usher people through if the tickets play up.

Even so - it seems to me that there will be people using their tickets for the first time on Sunday, so we may have more "bad" tickets showing up, plus it pays to be careful:

So my advice would be - don't leave it until the last minute to turn up on Sunday, turn up a little earlier to make sure you are not affected by any problems.

And then please play very badly :p

arrowman said:
I don't know why I'm doing this ... :p

It occurs to me that many Port supporters will be going on Sunday, either on daily tickets or season tickets borrowed from their Crows mates - and that they may not be aware of an issue that affected the Crows v West Coast game.

There were problems with some of the season tickets; apparently there was a printing stuffup with some of the bar codes and they did not scan properly. This caused some delays in entry to the ground. Not huge, but enough to cause concern about the opening bounce if you arrived 15-20 minutes prior.

I have spoken to the club and they tell me that the affected tickets are being re-issued (mine was OK, so I don't directly know the status of this, but I do know that one of our members has already received his new ticket) - and also that there will be additional redcoats on duty to usher people through if the tickets play up.

Even so - it seems to me that there will be people using their tickets for the first time on Sunday, so we may have more "bad" tickets showing up, plus it pays to be careful:

So my advice would be - don't leave it until the last minute to turn up on Sunday, turn up a little earlier to make sure you are not affected by any problems.

And then please play very badly :p

While this does not concern me as I live to far away to even think about going to the footy, thanks for the info.

BUT And then please play very badly I hope not they have played their one and only bad game for this year

Pinepower said:
While this does not concern me as I live to far away to even think about going to the footy, thanks for the info.

BUT And then please play very badly I hope not they have played their one and only bad game for this year
Besides, it's not an Olympic year so we will win both showdowns. :D

Toots Hibbert said:
Besides, it's not an Olympic year so we will win both showdowns. :D

You blokes should be hoping we beat you this week, as that's what happened last year and we know how that turned out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back