A-League R11: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Standing in pouring rain while singing as loud as we have done all season was very enjoyable. Just a shame we had to lose.

One of the most undeserved 4 goal performances I've seen in a while, but Adelaide defended scheissenhausen (twice now they've leaked four at home) and their horror fifteen minutes before half time cost them dearly. Don't know what happened in the Ward-van Dommele incident, both could have and perhaps should have been sent off, certainly Ward was very lucky to escape (with a yellow card handed...to Celeski!). Still didn’t account for that big head wound though – strange. Would like to see it again.

Judging by this round, I think teams drawn to play at home next week are starting to get very fearful!

I'm just terrified of our next home game.

It's the New Zealand Knights.

Lowie01 said:
Don't know what happened in the Ward-van Dommele incident, both could have and perhaps should have been sent off, certainly Ward was very lucky to escape (with a yellow card handed...to Celeski!). Still didn’t account for that big head wound though – strange. Would like to see it again.

It was an elbow to the face. Blood all over VD's face.

An absolute shamble today.

WTF is the defence doing, Beltrame made that one howling error but he was caught out a couple of times due to no pressure on the Glory players at all.

Aloisi needs a rocket up the clacker, he is good at standing and pointing to others what they should be doing but does not like to put in the hard yards himself, how many times has his arse been saved because of Ang throughout the season.

Three games in a row undefeated now. And we're hosting NZ next week. :D

We're only second on goal difference. :p

Sammy D said:
Time for Ray to change his little name above the logo again...

<-------- Well it's true isn't it, because at home we are utterly pants!

Disgraceful defending cost us this game. Away from home we defend for our lives and get the basics right, at Hindmarsh though it all goes out the window as the basics such as tracking runners, marking forwards, filling the gaps, etc are completely forgotten.

We could've had the lead very early but Rees hit the post. The first Mori goal was class, great ball by Slobby Bobby well finished off by Mori. However the marking from Valkanis was atrocious. We fought back well after that and a great run from Rech (who I thought was probably best for us) won the penalty. McMahon should've been sent off but another bottled decision by Ben Williams.

From there we controlled the game in midfield and had plenty of opportunities going forward with several corners, Aloisi hitting a couple over the bar and Perth were on the back foot. Then we blow it with an absolute howler by Beltrame to gift who else but Frogger another goal. One more like that & it's time for Bajic to get another go. Williams then ********ed up again by not sending Celeski off for his disgraceful elbowing & kicking of van Domelle. The Linesman clearly saw it and he should've been marched.

Williams then gives the softest penalty ever seen (yes South fans I can see the irony) by blowing up the slightest shirt tug by Aloisi on Celeski (who should not have been on the pitch). I could cop it if he gave free kicks for the other 50 same offences that occured previously. Where's the consistency? I think it had more to do with Ross giving him a mouthful beforehand. Learn the lesson Ross. Bobby took the penalty well, and the game was pretty much gone.

Of course though we had to suffer ignominy of Frogger getting his hat trick as he allowed to drift untracked into space to head home his third from a nice cross by Sekulovski. After dominating the half we had managed to ship 4 goals and our League lead was gone.

I thought we fought back well early in the second and after all the pressure from the 5 consecutive corners Rees managed to nip in & get one back. The conditions from this point were atrocious and we started to tire but Dodd had a great shot well saved by Petkovic and Veart hit the post late on. We had the chances, we just couldn't convert them.

A deserved win for Perth Glory in the end and of course Mori gets another one over us. Fair play to the Glory fans who made the trip and well done to the Reds fans for turning out in good numbers (10,800) despite the atrocious conditions.

Just you watch, we'll win away again in Gosford next week and then get done by the Knights at Hindmarsh. :rolleyes:

Ray Nolan said:
Just you watch, we'll win away again in Gosford next week and then get done by the Knights at Hindmarsh. :rolleyes:

Oh please, would you really? The great United getting done by Da Knightz would be a laugh and a half, and it would be really nice if it happened just before we go over to Nth Harbour and have it done to us.

Shameful defending by United in the first half.

Didn't see the Van Domelle incident but the initial decision to give the free to Perth by the linesman looked dodgy.

Penalty was clearly there. Absolutely stupid stuff again.

Second half Perth sat behind the ball which they could afford to do. We had no one who could put in a decent cross.

Alagich needs to start again.

Veart plays the whole game again. Suprise suprise.

Very dissapointed by the marking of Mori.

Mori's last game under his short-term contract is against NZ this week.

Hopefully Young goes to the Roar so we can have Mori on our sqaud full time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mori is bugged eyed man! I'm sure that gives him a greater range of sight like a fly.

With Deane gone they'll sign Mori permanently.

DB10 said:
With Deane gone they'll sign Mori permanently.

What was the point of signing Deane anyway? He's what? 37? 38? Oh that's right, he used to play in the Premiership.

You'd think a club like the Glory - so revolutionary and a good decade ahead of its time when it first came into being - would have enough self-respect not to chase and sign an old hack because of near-ancient past exploits.

Reminds me of that laughable period in 1998 when Peter Beardsley (only 20kgs overweight) and Ian Rush came out to the NSL for a couple of guest appearances with the Knights and Olympic respectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back