A-LEAGUE ROUND 24 (Ad United v Sydney FC/Jets v Phoenix/Roar v Victory/Wanderers v Glory/Hart v CCM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Sorry guys let it slip this morning. Good win to United. Sydney without the big serb now look a little vulnerable.

Great win tonight, although like the Wanderers the week before, I wasn't impressed with the visitors' tactics of rough play at times.

As for the streaker, I believe its a first for a Reds home game.

Super again from the Reds

OP, it is Round 24 (not 23).

Wow, Newcastle 5-0 over Wellington. Up to 6th, Sydney drop to 7th.

Next week Sydney away to Victory while Newcastle travel to cellar dweller Perth.

He would have to be a good chance, deadly finisher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Roar....

Gee that tables tight

Great win for the Jets tonight!

Taggart 2, Heskey breaking his drought, Griffiths finding the net and a spectacular volley from Bridges (recommend looking up if you haven't seen it).

3 games to go and gives us a bit of control over our destiny and chances to make the finals.

Would love to see Taggart go to Brazil - probably will miss the cut but even getting into the training squad would be good for his (and the national team's) development.

Very proud of the boys. Based on that effort we have closed up the gap that existed between us and Roar. Just a pity we didn't get a point for our efforts.

Congrats to Roar for getting the first piece of silverware on offer.

Absolutely sensational goal by Engelaar. As good as Rooney's IMO. Really sad there were so few there to see it.

Absolutely sensational goal by Engelaar. As good as Rooney's IMO. Really sad there were so few there to see it.

Yep, terrible crowd, terrible football, terrible defending, terrible keeping. Ripper goal though! Fold the club. Or just sign some decent players.

Ladder after round 24:

Brisbane Roar 48
Western Sydney 38
Melbourne Victory 36
Central Coast 36
Adelaide United 34
Newcastle Jets 32

Sydney FC 32
Wellington 28
Heart 25
Perth 22

That Engelaar goal was something else! Thought Bridges' volley would end up the goal of the round in my eyes but geez, that was a cracker by the Yaya Toure of the A League :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back