A-LEAGUE SEMI FINAL #1-Melbourne Victory V Melbourne City

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Koren even out there? City lose three of their best front third players in 60 minutes to injury and their marquee man is no where to be seen.

He has been extremely disappointing for us.

Anyhow, kudos to Victory who are the better team this year, but I think it's pretty unfair that City were only given a 5 day break. I think clearly fatigue had a part to play with injuries to three players.

No much of a spectacle with City not even at the races but Victory march to face one of their big rivals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. Scumbag of the highest order, there should be no glorifying any campaigner that engages in domestic abuse.
472549780-archie-thompson-of-the-victory-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg

Someone sounds butt/hurt. LOLOLOL
Not at all, I expected Victory to win. I just think that it's disgraceful that some idolise or glorify a sportsman because he's good at a sport while completely disregard some of their putrid actions of the field. Domestic abuse is an issue that is excessively prevalent in Australia yet here you and others are celebrating this campaigner; passively accepting that it's an ok thing to do. It's the same with the celebration of Mayweather after the fight with Pacquiao.

Two things -

1) When has the word "campaigner" become any form of insult?

2) The city/heart thread seems to have gone very very quiet.
When the c word is typed in full the swear filter automatically changes it to campaigner.

Not at all, I expected Victory to win. I just think that it's disgraceful that some idolise or glorify a sportsman because he's good at a sport while completely disregard some of their putrid actions of the field. Domestic abuse is an issue that is excessively prevalent in Australia yet here you and others are celebrating this campaigner; passively accepting that it's an ok thing to do. It's the same with the celebration of Mayweather after the fight with Pacquiao.

But there's a difference between what a player does off the field and what he does on it. Maradona was an absolute dickhead off the field, but that doesn't lessen his role as one of the greatest players ever to play the game and as an Argentinian legend. In the same vein I respect Archie for his contribution to Victory and Australian soccer in general, and what he does off the field doesn't interest me.

Additionally the matter never came before courts and the judicial system, so all we have are allegations and speculation.

But there's a difference between what a player does off the field and what he does on it. Maradona was an absolute dickhead off the field, but that doesn't lessen his role as one of the greatest players ever to play the game and as an Argentinian legend. In the same vein I respect Archie for his contribution to Victory and Australian soccer in general, and what he does off the field doesn't interest me.

Additionally the matter never came before courts and the judicial system, so all we have are allegations and speculation.

Nah mate, that doesn't count. All 6 City fans have decided he's guilty and should never play again so that's settled.

Apparently there was some terrible behaviour in the stands by Victory supporters?
When is there ever not?

I've had reports of bottles, food and other objects being thrown from level 3 onto the (mostly other Victory) fans below, and seats being ripped up and thrown at security, as well as seeing flares and fires lit with my own eyes (and yes, one of those was the Melburnians).

It's a large part of the reason I chose City over Victory - the level of hooliganism and the gang mentality is more than a bit disturbing. But as it's (apparently) what they do in Europe, so it's supposedly perfectly fine.

Apparently there was some terrible behaviour in the stands by Victory supporters?

Yeah I'd say 2-3 goons did something that they deserved a good beating for, and then a few more that were throwing bottles like idiots. Hard to tar us all because of the actions of that small a group of dickheads.

When is there ever not?

I've had reports of bottles, food and other objects being thrown from level 3 onto the (mostly other Victory) fans below, and seats being ripped up and thrown at security, as well as seeing flares and fires lit with my own eyes (and yes, one of those was the Melburnians).

It's a large part of the reason I chose City over Victory - the level of hooliganism and the gang mentality is more than a bit disturbing. But as it's (apparently) what they do in Europe, so it's supposedly perfectly fine.

That bolded bit there is the most colossal load of BS I've ever read. It's breathtaking in its stupidity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back