A Response to Rucci's Article

Remove this Banner Ad

Matman23

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
The thing about Sports Journalist is that they go to University and learn how to write. Unfortunately they can not learn what to write. I've just finished reading yet another terrible article from Michael Angelo Rucci. But he is far from the only culprit. The article basically identified that Adelaide missed the eight and Port had made the eight. Then a few punches were thrown Adelaide's way.

The article included no consideration statistically such as Adelaide's horror run with injury. Or the fact that Port Power's second half of the season has been nothing short of terrible. Adelaide went into this season with 7 of there best 22 unavailable and it hasn't become any easier. During the season Adelaide unfortunately lost the services of Dean Bailey who provided vital support for the inexperienced Sanderson. Adelaide was up against it from the beginning while the Power had a dream run. Yet Rucci sees it in black and white and has the nerve to criticize the club about their performance when his has been below par his entire career. Rucci labelled this a "Wasted Winter" for Adelaide, but is that within Adelaide's control? If Adelaide went into round one with a fully fit side, had the dream run of the Power and then failed to make the eight he would be warranted in writing this garbage. More importantly if the Power were to finish 9th would he send this abuse in their direction.. I'm not for one second saying that they don't deserve criticism and changes do need to be made. But printing a useless confirmation of ladder positions accompanied with meaningless insults is a "Wasted Article". I challenge the Advertiser to make a brave move and pull Rucci up this time. Writing articles without including the obvious facts shouldn't be tolerated considering the salary he is receiving. But hey, at least the spelling and gramma was correct.

The thing about Sports Journalist is that they go to University and learn how to write. Unfortunately they can not learn what to write. I've just finished reading yet another terrible article from Michael Angelo Rucci. But he is far from the only culprit. The article basically identified that Adelaide missed the eight and Port had made the eight. Then a few punches were thrown Adelaide's way.

The article included no consideration statistically such as Adelaide's horror run with injury. Or the fact that Port Power's second half of the season has been nothing short of terrible. Adelaide went into this season with 7 of there best 22 unavailable and it hasn't become any easier. During the season Adelaide unfortunately lost the services of Dean Bailey who provided vital support for the inexperienced Sanderson. Adelaide was up against it from the beginning while the Power had a dream run. Yet Rucci sees it in black and white and has the nerve to criticize the club about their performance when his has been below par his entire career. Rucci labelled this a "Wasted Winter" for Adelaide, but is that within Adelaide's control? If Adelaide went into round one with a fully fit side, had the dream run of the Power and then failed to make the eight he would be warranted in writing this garbage. More importantly if the Power were to finish 9th would he send this abuse in their direction.. I'm not for one second saying that they don't deserve criticism and changes do need to be made. But printing a useless confirmation of ladder positions accompanied with meaningless insults is a "Wasted Article". I challenge the Advertiser to make a brave move and pull Rucci up this time. Writing articles without including the obvious facts shouldn't be tolerated considering the salary he is receiving. But hey, at least the spelling and gramma was correct.

10th. End of story.

Ferals finish 5th and play finals and we don't.

History doesn't give a flying frog for what could of or would of or should of.

Wasted year. He's right.

Never read his crap anymore so sad to see it hasn't changed. Wonder if he will beat up on the Power this week if they get eliminated from the finals by the Tigers? I would suggest being 2 games clear on top, to finish 5th, then get knocked out round 1 of finals would be more of a waste of a winter than anything the crows have dished up. For what its worth I think the Power will win this weekend, but I would like to see what happens if they don't.

I'd query the bolded bit about MC. Regularly mangles the language.
Gramma? Typo I hope.

Typical Rucci, I see too that he's written an article about how Troy Chaplin's actions will inspire Port, funny to see how he conveniently makes no mention at all of Boak's "Hope you're enjoying your season" comment which can just as equally fire up Richmond.

Rucci is the king of spin doctoring and blatantly baised opinion pieces.

The funny thing about Rucci is he's an opinion blogger, not a journalist... ridiculing the very group of which he is a part.

FYI Rooch:

Opinion Blogger: one who uses an online space to push an opinion or agenda
Journalist: one who adds to the reader's consciousness or understanding through factual insight or information not readily available to the general readership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly when someone on here has a crack at the crows for wasting a year, coaches suck, management sucks, 19th man sucks, everyone applauds and agrees. Someone in the press (or opposition supporter) does it, and they are a flog.
When you get paid to write, people expect a little more from you ;)

I almost feel sorry for Rucci. (I said almost). In a two team town where nothing much happens and is hardly the centre of AFL action, he has to come up with two Crows and two Port stories everyday just to sell the paper. From a writing point of view it's actually interesting seeing how he is able to pad out an article by various methods, including the old "say what you're going to say, say it, then say what you said." In other words, repetition and circumlocution. Not to mention padding like "the meeting that X had with Y yesterday" which no one can confirm if it did happen, no one will bother to deny if it didn't, makes him sound like he has inside knowledge and overall just increases the word count.

In a city with a paper that puts a footballers vomiting cat on the front page, complete with corny puns, because that's what most supporters want to see, it's the best we're gonna get.

The funny thing about Rucci is he's an opinion blogger, not a journalist... ridiculing the very group of which he is a part.

FYI Rooch:

Opinion Blogger: one who uses an online space to push an opinion or agenda
Journalist: one who adds to the reader's consciousness or understanding through factual insight or information not readily available to the general readership.

Also too, Rucci clearly lurks on Bigfooty looking for ideas for his opinion pieces. We were only just talking about grand final droughts last week and I brought up that we have the 3rd longest in the AFL that then magically it appears appears in one of his articles.

Last edited:
What should have he said this morning?

Everything cool at the Crows?
Of course not. But saying the bleeding obvious with a snide tone adds nothing. I do that on here all the time for free haha.

I guess it doesn't help him that most stories seem to travel faster to Caro's desk than his ;)

Haven't read the article but there is no doubt it was a wasted year.

Sure we were up against it at the start of the season, but we blew so many chances in the last 5 weeks to qualify for the finals - we were pathetic when it counted , again.

Sure we blooded some youngsters but it could/should have been more games into Bob, Milo and Jets.

I read the article this morning online. It is another Crowhate piece from a bitter man who is struggling to make up ground on his own irrelevance. Sure, the truths are the truths but are presented in his usual snide manner. As for the simplistic 'we are 11th end of story' posts, they are the truth also, but don't address anything to do with the usual sardonic manner in which he writes about the crows. I have no problem with the content but it disgusts me the way Rucci goes out of his way to ridicule the AFC, when all he needs to do is present the facts.

"Sanderson surely does not have the 10th-best squad in the AFL. He does, however, have the best list of excuses heard this season." I don't think Sando has dwelled on any excuses. Rucci's heatgate is a crock of s**t, yet he brings it up ad nauseam.

Perhaps Sando should take the Crows to Dubai to train in the heat to be prepared for it next year, and perhaps Rucci might have related that in some way to Ports exploding cigar heat training(LOLOLOLOL). It was an obvious segue into mentioning a Port failure, but Rucci remained true to his agenda.

I'd suggest there are more reasons than excuses - excuses that are drawn from Sando at every presser by the loaded, repetitive, inane questions asked by Rucci. The most innocent of comments is grasped, blown out of proportion or used out of real context, flogged to death for weeks, regurgitated, used as sarcastic ridicule, at every opportunity this hack of a 'journalist' gets.

Any defence of the way Rucci slants his articles about the Crows should be treated with as much contempt as Rucci's ridiculous and obvious vendetta against the Crows.

Horror run with injuries? Yeah, nah, we had a relatively gentle run given what you'd usually expect in the current era.

You guys do realise he thrives on the attention he gets from threads like this don't you.
Tonight he will go home to his mum, phone Marco in Italy and rejoice in yet another successfully days trolling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back