AC/DC

Remove this Banner Ad

Cancer was also mentioned.
* cancer if the case.

As someone who has lost a relative via Alzheimer's it always saddened me to hear of Malcolm's battle with Dementia. I remember in interview with Angus on how he fought it hard before he ended up retiring from the band. He'd spend the night before and the morning of concerts learning to play the songs he had written. I often thought how cruel that was, i hope a cure is found one day.

Sad to hear of the passing of Malcolm. Was a fan back in the early days but never got really excited by their music after Bon died. However, in tribute to Malcolm, TripleM played all AC/DC on Sunday and listening to that I have to admit some of their later stuff was pretty damn good too.

The footage of Angus at the funeral is heartbreaking.

It is. Amazingly it seems Angus is actually taller than Ross Young.

Phil Rudd doesn't look as ragged as he did a couple of years back. Wonder if Angus and Mark Evans said anything to each other.

Those guitar picks are going to be worth a few $$$ in years to come.

It is. Amazingly it seems Angus is actually taller than Ross Young.

Phil Rudd doesn't look as ragged as he did a couple of years back. Wonder if Angus and Mark Evans said anything to each other.

Those guitar picks are going to be worth a few $$$ in years to come.

Yep, was a little surprised to Mark there and Phil too who I thought couldn't leave the country. Probably the first time they've seen each other in thirty years and first time both bassists have been together. Also wonder if Chris Slade made it and the other dinner they had in the 80s...

No sign of Dave Evans lol.

Sent from mTalk

Half way through a listen of the new album and so far I gotta say it's strong, maybe the second strongest in 35 odd years (Ballbreaker would be first)

I think Ballbreaker is their best since Flick of the Switch. Great album.

Half way through a listen of the new album and so far I gotta say it's strong, maybe the second strongest in 35 odd years (Ballbreaker would be first)

I liked a fair bit of Black Ice but also thought it had some weak spots, but Power Up is really good top to bottom. Shot in the Dark, Demon Fire and Realize are all great tracks, but even the others rock.

I think Ballbreaker is their best since Flick of the Switch. Great album.

I've only recently given Ballbreaker a really good run and it is so underrated. It's also franked by having the best Live Tour (No Bull 1996) recording, IMO, of any AC/DC shows. Hail Caesar is an absolute monster track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realise
Mists of Time
Witches Spell
Kick You When You're Down
Wild Reputation

All quite good. Always a good sign when the lead single isn't up there with the best. That was the problem Rock or Bust had.

Oh man. I've had my head in the sand! Not only have I learned that Axl Rose has left Acca Dacca but now Brian is back!! Hope his voice troubles are over - those jackhammer lungs must be hard to maintain at his age!

EDIT: Holy s**t, they've still got it!

Last edited:
Moneyshot stuck in my head today. Some banging melodies and choruses. The riffs aren’t as strong and the lyrics are probably the worst ever, but the songs as a whole are very good hard rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh man. I've had my head in the sand! Not only have I learned that Axl Rose has left Acca Dacca but now Brian is back!! Hope his voice troubles are over - those jackhammer lungs must be hard to maintain at his age!

EDIT: Holy sh*t, they've still got it!

lol, Axl runs circles round Brian Johnson.
And..this album is a carbon copy of everything else since 1980.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back