Movies & TV Adam Goodes on Who Do You Think You Are?

Remove this Banner Ad

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

I have been an interested watcher of this series and recall there being an episode on Micky O a few seasons back. I'm glad that it has given Goodesy and his family an opportunity to find out about their family history, but it is something I would presume many in his family's situation wouldn't readily be able to access.

I found it interesting that from the mid 1800's, there have been links to high levels of education and this comes through strongly in Adam. From a personal perspective, my family are lucky enough to have a comprehensive family history back to the first family migrant to Australia in 1850. I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been for all these years to have had no idea about family past your grandparents.

Decent show, thought it was a fairly nuanced look at the relationship between whites and indigenous Australians over time, interesting that even back then the two groups were able to work together to improve the lot of the indigenous people without requiring them to shed their identity (though having said that there was still much that was bad in the way indigenous groups were treated).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back