Adam Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 182cm and 84kg's Treloar was a snatched up by GWS as a 17 year old.
I don't think the saints can offer GWS anything as wont give up top 5 draft pick and plus have no players to give up.
If this rumor is true I'm guessing he good mates with Adam's and want's out, so could be a big trade deal with two of our players and a pick involved. Many options in players for player swapping between clubs and could package a deal to get Treloar and James Stewart is an example :) Brown, Blair, Clarke, Goldsack, Keffe might have to be sent away to get Treloar

At 182cm and 84kg's Treloar was a snatched up by GWS as a 17 year old.
I don't think the saints can offer GWS anything as wont give up top 5 draft pick and plus have no players to give up.
If this rumor is true i'm guessing he good mates with Adam's and want's out, so could be a big trade deal with with two of our players and a pick involved. Many options in players for player swapping between clubs and could package a deal to get Treloar and James stewart is an example :) Brown, Blair, Clarke, Goldsack, keffe might have to be sent away to get Treloar

Yeah, maybe if we give them lots of our fringe and VFL players that'll add up to the value of Treloar :p

Lots of mediocre players doesn't add up to one elite player, and that's what you need to give to get Treloar. Most of those guys you listed will just be list cloggers for GWS in a year or two

Both are right in this instance.

We won't be able to get Treloar by offering volume of players - it will need to be a 1-2 very useful players. But Brown certainly has trade value as one of the better young proven key defenders, with premiership experience. He shouldn't be talked down in trade value terms.

Time to grow up blaze and insult people face to face instead of hiding behind a computer screen like a girl, It just shows the level of person you are. Big guys always have trade value and gws have a s**t load of fwd's and mid's. do your home work before talking.

There was one person throwing insults around here and it wasn't blaze. :drunk:

For the record, most internet "tough guys" tend to be blokes so you're doing girls a disservice too ;)

Back on topic, I'd take him in a heartbeat, he's excellent. But a package of mediocre players won't come close. The problem with offering Brown as part of a package is that we lose flexibility. Reid will have to play back more often and we rely on Frost and Keeffe long term, and while I really like them both (and have sung Keeffe's praises), they aren't entirely proven yet.

I think any negotiations would start and finish based on what GWS want and if we can provide it - there would be no shortage of suitors for a young gun like this.

In not sure parting with Brown would be a smart move as he's our best one on one stopper.
If we had a replacement lined up for trade then it'd be understandable but they don't grow on trees.
Treloar would make a fine addition to our midfield though.
With him on onboard and with Freeman in the wings we could make the transition to life after Swan/Ball much smoother.

cant help to think Hawthorn will have a hard crack at him, and give GWS a deal they cant refuse as they always compensate clubs very well on the trade market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superstar.

Has been a lock in GWS side since day 1, and having followed him very closely, I can genuinely say he would walk into our team.

I'd be fine with us offering Brown, and putting full faith in Keeffe & Frost. We've done it thus far this season and it's worked well apart from one bad game.
With Reid flexible enough to go forward and back it really wouldn't hurt us too much, with the positive being another gun midfielder. And GWS get a 5 year lock defender to help Davis and Mohr. Good win win but we would need to chuck a pick in as well to sweeten the deal IMO.

Will watch with interest. I love the kid, I think he will win a brownlow. I have no idea if this is true but I don't think the club has the balls to ever complete a trade like this. It will require losing a player we don't want to lose. Maybe two.

Brown will be best 22 for the rest of the year after Keefe's performance

Dogs would have won another 2 games this year with a big backman like Brown they are crying out for someone like him

Brown will be best 22 for the rest of the year after Keefe's performance

Dogs would have won another 2 games this year with a big backman like Brown they are crying out for someone like him

It massively favours Collingwood mate, no way that could ever happen :p

Dogs giving up the number 1 pick for Nathan Brown? They are desperate for a 12 year superstar key forward to replace Riewoldt, they will get that with pick 1.

GWS giving up their best midfielder for yet another draft pick? They have put years of work into Treloar and have no need for more draft picks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back