@3.08

2. Roughead over Pavlich (DT)
Ablett over Rockliff (DT)
@2.56

3. S.Selwood over Priddis (DT)
Montagna over Riewoldt (DT)
Boak over Dal Santo (DT)
@5.83

Selwood and Roughead ended up ONE point behind their H2H's. Very frustrating to watch
Should probably just copy Wilzz and foxy's SC bets from now on :(
Ended up recovering from these losses on the EPL last night.

GWS match line appears to have been a good choice. 19-11 at half time
Just need the best 4th quarter team to beat the worst 4th quarter team

Port Adelaide @ 1.90

I like Port a lot here. At the start of the season I would say I was high on North and low on Port but having seen the first two games of the season, these teams could not be headed in any more opposite directions.

North have been poor, and that's probably an understatement. They have not looked hungry in either of their first two games and their style of play is a far cry from what we've come to know as North Melbourne football. It seems that Brad Scott has decided to improve North Melbourne's defensive woes this year by transitioning to a more defensive game-style that looks more or less like an 18 man press. The only problem is, now they have issues scoring which I find ridiculous given the level of talent on their list. Truth be told, all he really needed to do over the off-season was to teach them some tempo football, especially when they had a few goals in a row kicked on them and they would probably be pushing for top 6. As it stands at the moment, they are struggling to adjust to the defensive style and can't find a balance which is a shame because I believe their best footy is an attacking game style where they break the lines and move the ball quickly.

In my opinion, it is almost impossible to see North Melbourne winning if Brad Scott chooses to employ the same game style that North Melbourne has run with for the first two weeks of the season. If, for whatever reason, he reverts to the game-style of seasons gone by, they are probably in with a massive chance. However, from what I know, Brad Scott is a fairly stubborn coach and I don't see this happening unless the wheels completely fall off North's season altogether.

Port on the other hand, have looked fantastic. They run hard both ways and have a terrific forward structure with Schulz, Westhoff, Butcher and Gray all playing at a very high level. Their defence is sound with Carlile and Trengove as solid one on one defenders and they have a real find this year in Tom Jonas. Based on talent, I would say their midfield is probably comparable to North's but they seem to be willing to work a lot harder for a lot longer.

Darren Burgess (their fitness coach) has really got them into fantastic shape after spending last year at Liverpool and it has been evident that they are super fit after running all over Carlton and Adelaide in the final quarters this year. I have no reason to believe that this won't continue this week against North as well.

Port are in great form and look hungrier than ever. North, on the other hand, look like a team who are down on themselves and suffering from an identity crisis.

Port to run out comfortable winners here.

Port Adelaide @ 1.90

Darren Burgess (their fitness coach) has really got them into fantastic shape after spending last year at Liverpool and it has been evident that they are super fit after running all over Carlton and Adelaide in the final quarters this year. I have no reason to believe that this won't continue this week against North as well.

Port to run out comfortable winners here.

Welcome and a great first post mate. Good Luck.:thumbsu::)

With Burgess its interesting you mention his Liverpool background, as they are currently 1st (well before this weekend) and run really well in the EPL.

Welcome and a great first post mate. Good Luck.:thumbsu::)

With Burgess its interesting you mention his Liverpool background, as they are currently 1st (well before this weekend) and run really well in the EPL.

Thanks grotto! :)

Yeah, i've heard he's fantastic at getting the most out of what he has. I know a lot of teams were after him when they heard he was coming back to Australia. Collingwood really wanted him this year and threw a fair bit of cash his way but his heart was with Port.

AFL: Greater Western Sydney vs Melbourne Demons
2U – Under 181.5 Total Points @ $1.88 (Sportsbet) WIN
1U – Disposals: N Jones < 28.5 @ $1.95 (Sportsbet) WIN
2U – Disposals: D Tyson < 27.5 @ $1.90 (Sportingbet) WIN

2u melb vs gws under 177.5 @1.87 win
1u melb 0-60 @5.00 win
Willzzz i read to what u said and didnt but was going to load up on under 162.5 @2.65 just before the 1st bounce
Anyway im very happy

1.5U - Under NM/Port 191.5 @ $1.90 (Sportingbet)
1U - Kane Corners Under 29.5 Disposals @ $1.85 (Sportingbet)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron most goals
Ward to beat N.Jones DT
Mumford to beat Coniglio DT
Cross to beat Tyson DT

Odds of multi $17.50
It won but because of Cameron sharing with four others, the odds got slashed mammothly.

Don't want to put bets up after a game has started, but I've got a similar one going in the current game with 3/4 winning at 1/4 time, and the losing one being very close.

What do people think of port 13+third quarter margin @3.65
I like it.

Port should be in front by 5 goals. How you can be losing while leading 30-18 inside 50s is a mystery to me. That spaz Butcher likely has a lot to do with it.

Essendon vs Carlton:

1U - Carlton SU @ $2.95 (Sportingbet w/ Promo)
1U - DT: Stanton < 104.5 @ $1.87 (Luxbet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back