Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 3 - Demons v Bombers Fri April 1st 7:20pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • Bombers by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Every single goal is reviewed 🤦🏻‍♂️
Yes. But they only give it to the ball up to make a call to overturn or stop play and have a closer look.

Maybe they had some clearer vision straight up but from the footage we seen it did look like it was touched off the boot. Add to the fact Petracca was indicating it was touched you would've thought the ball up was halted. But knowing them they were probably looking at the goal line for touched as they have on a couple of other occasions before.

Petracca was just going through the motions and was thrown forward a fair bit.

Not sure how much you can put his output down to McGrath’s influence, but I’d be disappointed if I was a Bomber’s supporter watching a former Pick 1 in their 6th season being used in a tagging role.

It’s not as though McGrath was doing any damage the other way either.

Melbourne only ramped it up when they needed to. In cruise control at this point in the season.
People keep predicting us to win big but we never really did that early last season either

Hate it when people discredit a job done by a negating player. Pettracca was beaten controlled kept quiet by McGrath. To say Pettracca was going through the motions is disrespectful to both players.
It’s a BigFooty special, that one.

My team lost because “they didn’t show up”, not because they were outplayed on the day

Tough start for Essendon playing 3 of the top 4 straight off the bat. They need to sort out their ball use coming out of defence though. I was getting frustrated on their behalf at all those shocking turnovers.

For us, it all seems a bit similar to early last season where we just kept doing enough without blowing teams away. Oliver was top shelf last night.

Hate it when people discredit a job done by a negating player. Pettracca was beaten controlled kept quiet by McGrath. To say Pettracca was going through the motions is disrespectful to both players.
Tagging isn’t an overly tough gig and you’re basically conceding a player when you decide to go down that path.

It also left Oliver to go beserk.

You can say it’s disrespectful but who gives a ****? Petracca, like many Melbourne players, wasn’t playing at their usual level of intensity and that’s expected at this point in the season in a game between a very good side v an average one.

McGrath being used as a tagger at this stage of his career is hugely disappointing from an Essendon POV.

Back