Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 14 - Port v Cats Thurs June 15th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, credit to Port Adelaide.
I was very confident with our ins we'd get the better of them but they are clearly a level (or two) above us and sadly, I've over estimated my mob.

That's season 2023 done unfortunately.

Melbourne should smack us silly with Grundy & Gawn doing as they please in ruck.
Your mob are notorious after a bye.

Get some consistent run and cohesion back into the playing group and the Cats could still be a danger but it would have to be a run from outside the top 4 you'd think.

r0_0_800_600_w800_h600_fmax.jpg
Untenable

We showed what we could do early on. We absolutely dominated. Unfortunately as the game has worn on, the underdone players are feeling it. A shame because we probably would’ve won by 6 to 7 goals. Had those players not been out for so long.
😂

That’s been obvious for a while now, older and slower but to be fair no one probably saw the rise of Essendon St Kilda and Adelaide to go ahead of them that quickly.
And thank goodness for that. Geelong not playing finals will be a nice change.

Weird observation, but how many times have Geelong played Port Adelaide after they had a bye including finals? Feels like it happens a lot

EDIT: It’s 4 times since 2019 including the 2020 QF. Interesting.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is the best footy any side has played this year. Outscored the cats 57 points after QT
Well, apart from Collingwood’s dismantling of Port Adelaide at the MCG in Round 2. I still think that’s the best any team has played this year.

Your mob are notorious after a bye.

Get some consistent run and cohesion back into the playing group and the Cats could still be a danger but it would have to be a run from outside the top 4 you'd think.

I don't think so.
I'm not taking anything away from Port as they still win regardless but we have just lost another midfielder (Bruhn) after getting back a few. It's never ending.
Can't be a forward of defender we lose, always the midfielders.

Josh Carr has added alot to the coaching group and playing style.
Huge !!

Back