Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Bombers v Port Sat July 1st 7:25pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but if they draw the Pies in a GF they got a huge chance given Collingwood's GF track record. One of the two them will have you buck the trend to the lift the cup.

Outside of these two there isn't really another contender.

I’d give Brisbane more of a chance than Port to be honest. Regardless of ladder positions as well.

It will all depend on the draw in the finals series. I would say there is also a chance of a Port vs Melbourne Grand Final and I could see Melbourne winning that given the MCG factor. It just all depends on matchups.

Port facing Collingwood anywhere will be a dangerous prospect for them in finals. I can’t see Collingwood losing to them prior to a Grand Final.

Is this the first port game you’ve watched this year?

Boak is finally done at the age of 34 (or whatever he is now) he’s out there for his experience and he’s not even playing onball much anymore.

Wines has not been right all year. Obviously playing through some kind of injury, his minutes were like half of what they normally are earlier in the year. I’m not sure what kind of minutes he’s playing now but likely still very low.

We haven’t relied on either to win this year.
As I've replied to other comments on how many games/players I've seen this year - I work weekends, on hols right now and got to saturate myself in footy so far this weekend :heart:

Not how I saw it. Port are going to give the flag a huge shot. They came off the bye, played a team in the top 8 on the road and came back to hit the lead multiple times.

Everything is working out for them.

Collingwood are still the club house leader but Port make it a legit two horse race...3 horse race if Richmond make the 8 come finals 🤔😭
You are so not making the 8 but in regards to the rest, everyone to their own :)

Us apparently lol. Beat port. Got as close as anyone to Collingwood twice. We just need to make the 8 and hope for luck.
Collingwood actually lost to Brisbane and Melbourne, one of which they will play in the first week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood actually lost to Brisbane and Melbourne, one of which they will play in the first week.

Lost to Melbourne at the MCG and lost to Brisbane at the Gabba.

If I were Collingwood, I’d be confident of winning against Brisbane at the MCG when they end up 1st or 2nd on the ladder.

Comedy gold from the bombers. Shame the Craigieburn line was shut so only about 15,000 fans got to see it

Funny but not true. For the first 17 years of my life I lived on the Lilydale/Belgrave line (Ringwood) so many Essendon supporting supporters there

Calling bullshit that Singapore is in the northern hemisphere, just reinforces how obtuse you are.

Yet despite our smaller supporter base, the coach of the century still choose our mob over yours.
How bad is it that Ess had to hire the coach that LOLNorf fired 3 years ago and that no other club appointed since we offloaded him. Bottom of the barrel.
Shouldn’t you be in a coach sacking thread death riding some poor bastard out of a job ?

Parish isn't worth 900k per year.
Very good accumulator but boy' he can butcher it

Lol no one will be paying him 900 a year. He is a 500k a year player

Well that ended up being a bit of a classic. Had everything.

Honestly wanted port to win to do is a favour and give us a bit of breathing room in case we lose next week.. but in flight I thought it had fallen short and expected the Essendon players to run off celebrating. Shocked when it was port players. Was also a LITTLE worried about Houston running off his line.

Did you see him with headphones on once tonight?

That’s why he is on the bench with the players and runner. Doesn’t need em. Makes all the tactical changes from the bench.

Back