Afl canberra - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow now ANU singing the song twice, once on the ground once in the rooms...
I wonder if they will come sing it again once the 2s are half way through the first quarter?

They have two parts to their song... They do first part on the ground and 2nd part in the sheds... Tradition apparently.

So ANU vs Belco and ANU vs ADFA?

Can ANU do the double?? I think ANU will win the 3's but ADFA too strong in the 2s.

Heard we got the double for the medals. Jack Davis (picked it) in div 3 and Danniel Lyon in div 2 (didn't pick it). Congrats to those boys.
Who was the other bloke that tied in the 2's?

ANU over belco in the 3s. Was one of the best games I have seen at this level. Adfa were 60 odd infront at 3qtr time when I left in the 2's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nooooooooo! Don't tell me those Anu scumbags won!!!

Yes sir, ANU controlled the third are but didn't put it on the score board which set up for a good finish. But they didn't really look like losing

Long time lurker to this thread, first time poster! A fantastic and well-deserved win by ANU in div 3 today. As mentioned above, they dominated the third quarter and probably should have had a more comfortable win but inaccurate kicking kept Belco in it. Gee the umps gave Belco an arm chair ride though! Two different interpretations of HtB for either side. I'd also love to know what that mysterious free kick plucked from nowhere in front of Belco's goal in the final minute which put them only a couple of points behind was for.

Commiserations to Belconnen though. They fought hard and made the most of their chances to almost snatch the game. It was a very enjoyable game to watch. I loved the way they got themselves back in it in the last. No. 55 in particular almost single handedly won them the game with his efforts in the last! A very good player!

i agree, its hard to pick someone best on field from a losing side but i think Ben Sainsbury (55) probably deserved it, nothing against the ANU players but it was much more of a team effort for them, in the end i think the difference was speed to the UNI boys, they played hard and fast all day long and came out on top.
I do wanna say that i hope Skip from Belco has a speedy recovery from whatever happened to cause that golf ball on his cheek.

I'd also love to know what that mysterious free kick plucked from nowhere in front of Belco's goal in the final minute which put them only a couple of points behind was for.
Ump was backing out of the play and I didn't see him, we collided, instant free kick. The ump seemed to really enjoy giving the free away.

i agree, its hard to pick someone best on field from a losing side but i think Ben Sainsbury (55) probably deserved it, nothing against the ANU players but it was much more of a team effort for them, in the end i think the difference was speed to the UNI boys, they played hard and fast all day long and came out on top.
I do wanna say that i hope Skip from Belco has a speedy recovery from whatever happened to cause that golf ball on his cheek.
Thanks Jectz, really appreciate the concern mate. No fracture, so feel like a bit of a goose after all the hullabaloo. Nothing a few beers with the boys today couldn't fix. Congrats to ANU, they were the better side on the day and we were lucky to get as close as we did in the end, gutsy effort by our guys though and Beans Sainsbury almost dragged us across the line single handedly.
Not sure shanefos would be too concerned about the sledge seeing as he is already a premiership captain, something I would have done anything to have been yesterday, not that I would've been able to stand up to give a speech :). Congrats again to ANU and see you all next year.

Happy to report that Marc Brooks has won the roos best and fairest .with Shane lees runner up.All survived the end of season trip to melbourne for the granny although some only just.It was good to see Heywood j out there on the sacred turf with his son looks like fond memorys were made.

So it would appear that Batemans Bay will now join the comp in both two,s and threes,The other big news is that they will align with last years NEAFL preimers Qbn.Thoughts any body ?

So it would appear that Batemans Bay will now join the comp in both two,s and threes,The other big news is that they will align with last years NEAFL preimers Qbn.Thoughts any body ?
ROAD TRIP!!

Is that a big loss for the league down there? Looks like The Bay have lost the last 3 GF's. I would want to change leagues too if that was me.

Well it,s offical the Batemans bay seahawks have been accepted into the canberra comp in two, s and threes.Will the one team clubs have to travel ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back