AFL Canberra Div3/Div2

Remove this Banner Ad

More like who gets married? Poor fella.
Hasn't been much talk on here of late. Should be a different comp without anu and adfa. IMO country teams to dominate. Belco should be still strong from I've heard.
Looking forward to the results of cooma v the bay. Yass and goulburn should be cracker too. Goulburn look to have picked a few up nov? Whats the situation with the new home ground?
Any other teams got news or expecting to do well. For what its worth I think Coota are the team to beat. If they can field the same side away every weekend
I wonder if not having the coach play the first 6 rounds will effect Coota.Having said that from what we are hearing they will be a very handy side I believe, not many cleared to go there yet so there must be a delay in the paperwork. I think the big improvers this year will be Ainslie. Its a bit of a shame there is no uni this year they have been the team to beat for the last few seasons .Good luck to everyone playing or involved this season.

I wonder if not having the coach play the first 6 rounds will effect Coota.Having said that from what we are hearing they will be a very handy side I believe, not many cleared to go there yet so there must be a delay in the paperwork. I think the big improvers this year will be Ainslie. Its a bit of a shame there is no uni this year they have been the team to beat for the last few seasons .Good luck to everyone playing or involved this season.
mate just wondering how Phil Bird is going at coota coach him at tumba in the seniors when he was only 16yrs played at chb for me cheers

I’m no longer in Canberra to fully judge but I will never get why Canberra AFL postpones or bans training/games due to rain. I mean, it’s a winter sport FFS.

Ovals are going to get a little wet and dug up. The footy ground I played on in Adelaide 3-4 years ago, before moving to Canberra, turns into a complete mudpit in the centre square come June/July and gets far worse than any ground I’ve seen in the ACT and they still play/train on it (they still play cricket on it and it comes up an absolute treat in no time post footy season too). Not to mention the dozens of ovals in the rain-soaked Adelaide Hills which turn into quagmires but they still train and play on them. If Canberra AFL wants a pretty, neat piece of grass why don’t they just not play footy on them then?:rolleyes:

I’m no longer in Canberra to fully judge but I will never get why Canberra AFL postpones or bans training/games due to rain. I mean, it’s a winter sport FFS.

Ovals are going to get a little wet and dug up. The footy ground I played on in Adelaide 3-4 years ago, before moving to Canberra, turns into a complete mudpit in the centre square come June/July and gets far worse than any ground I’ve seen in the ACT and they still play/train on it (they still play cricket on it and it comes up an absolute treat in no time post footy season too). Not to mention the dozens of ovals in the rain-soaked Adelaide Hills which turn into quagmires but they still train and play on them. If Canberra AFL wants a pretty, neat piece of grass why don’t they just not play footy on them then?:rolleyes:

I thought it was a crap decision but when I realised how wet it actually was and more rain to come, I agree with the decision. Canberra AFL didn't make the decision either, all Soccer and Union was called off on Saturday.

Is round 1 going to turn into a bye or will they squeeze in somewhere else in our fixtures?

I thought it was a crap decision but when I realised how wet it actually was and more rain to come, I agree with the decision. Canberra AFL didn't make the decision either, all Soccer and Union was called off on Saturday.

Is round 1 going to turn into a bye or will they squeeze in somewhere else in our fixtures?

Disagree.

One of the most *ed decisions I have ever heard. I realise it was an ACT Government decision and I think they have made the wrong one. I have no doubt the grounds will be no worse off had games been played on the weekend. Jerks.

Now I cant wait for AFL Canberra to make a complete tit of replaying the round later in the year. I am tipping that without any consultation with clubs they will pick a random night on a school night to replay the games, one or more teams will get upset, a forfeit will be the result if you dont agree to play. This will create even more drama and waste resources of many club officials to arrange alternative matches.

After the games are replayed in June/July the ACT Government will then realise that it was clearly a better idea to play the games on their original date in early April as the grounds would have recovered in time for round 2. Instead they will squeeze extra games in so some grounds may have three matches in 7 or 8 days and make a complete mess of the surface.

I dont even agree with the two week break between cricket and footy season they give to grounds to recover.....

Disagree.

One of the most ******ed decisions I have ever heard. I realise it was an ACT Government decision and I think they have made the wrong one. I have no doubt the grounds will be no worse off had games been played on the weekend. Jerks.

Now I cant wait for AFL Canberra to make a complete tit of replaying the round later in the year. I am tipping that without any consultation with clubs they will pick a random night on a school night to replay the games, one or more teams will get upset, a forfeit will be the result if you dont agree to play. This will create even more drama and waste resources of many club officials to arrange alternative matches.

After the games are replayed in June/July the ACT Government will then realise that it was clearly a better idea to play the games on their original date in early April as the grounds would have recovered in time for round 2. Instead they will squeeze extra games in so some grounds may have three matches in 7 or 8 days and make a complete mess of the surface.

I dont even agree with the two week break between cricket and footy season they give to grounds to recover.....
Hello Twobobs
The league have asked each club to consider the following options re the washed out round.
1 Play on the June long weekend
2 Delay the finals by 1 week and play it then
3 Cancel the round as none event.
Each club president and coach has been asked for there thoughts.
I believe they will just cancel it.

mate just wondering how Phil Bird is going at coota coach him at tumba in the seniors when he was only 16yrs played at chb for me cheers
Hello Chopper, no surprise that Phil played grade at a young age ,Goes good very handy player with hard at it attitude .Always a handful when we play them.

Hello Twobobs
The league have asked each club to consider the following options re the washed out round.
1 Play on the June long weekend
2 Delay the finals by 1 week and play it then
3 Cancel the round as none event.
Each club president and coach has been asked for there thoughts.
I believe they will just cancel it.

Thanks for the update mate.
Lets hope consensus is reached between clubs!
1. probably out - most blokes at this level enjoy the long weekend off
2. Haven't seen the draw and when finals are, but ACT Govt might cry if there is not enough time for the grounds to "recover" in time for cricket season
3. Unfortunately the most likely scenario.

I couldnt believe in when I found out NEAFL games were cancelled as well.... Honestly, what a stupid decision. Clearly the Govt official making the final call has never played sport in his/her life.

Anyway, time for me to move on and get over it I guess!!!

Good luck to all in 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ainslie up by ten goals in the div 3 and four goals in the div 2. Nasty broken leg for one of the harman lads in div 2, we wish him a speedy recovery...

Coota smashed Belco, from what I've heard they are very impressive, did their captain-coach have his suspension lifted?

Last edited:
Molonglo 2s and 3s both beat eastlake at stirling, big win for the 3s. Finals year for both on the cards?

Molonglo 2s and 3s both beat eastlake at stirling, big win for the 3s. Finals year for both on the cards?
I wouldn't think so, have they picked up some new players? Good to see them on the improve after the last couple of years.

Wow mate lazy 200 point win start to the season hey? Good start
Was a good start, had a reasonably strong team and they had a lot of new blokes and some fill-ins to get a game, coota beating belco by 130 is probably the win of the round, they will be very hard to beat, they have kept their core players together for years now and added some good players this year.

Cooma ran out of legs in Yass?

Was a good start, had a reasonably strong team and they had a lot of new blokes and some fill-ins to get a game, coota beating belco by 130 is probably the win of the round, they will be very hard to beat, they have kept their core players together for years now and added some good players this year.

Cooma ran out of legs in Yass?

Yeah mate they were too good. We definitely ran out of legs but I think the coach was happy with the effort just not the fitness :(

Cooma over Belco by 3 goals or so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back