AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

. Chanty is back. The league experiment failed? Great for Coota but he did seem like a bloke who'd stick it through. ?

This to me only explains one thing, and that is that we are ALL playing or supporting the greatest game. If that bloke can't commit to another code and stay away from this for a whole season, it certainly is saying something. Great for the Cootamundra football club.

This to me only explains one thing, and that is that we are ALL playing or supporting the greatest game. If that bloke can't commit to another code and stay away from this for a whole season, it certainly is saying something. Great for the Cootamundra football club.
Did he leave for the love of Cootamundra Blues or because he couldn't get a gig on the wing in league? I would be pretty pissed if one of my players left half way through the year to return to their old sport.

Did he leave or did the Bulldogs have the bye. The way I understand it the coach at the Bulldogs is chanty,s best mate.

Chantys experiment with the bulldogs didn't work out. He has still remained active doing the running/coaching for the Blues on his spare weekends. A talented all-rounder who we extremely lucky to have back playing our code.:)

Got the word from Plug (Who is a bloody legend) the Ainslie Tuggers game is going ahead 1st of July (Next week) at Alan Ray. Two games in 5 days is a nice change from 1 game in 30.

Got the word from Plug (Who is a bloody legend) the Ainslie Tuggers game is going ahead 1st of July (Next week) at Alan Ray. Two games in 5 days is a nice change from 1 game in 30.
Does this guy have a job or a family? He must put a lot in to your club to organise 2 teams, 1 would be stressful enough. Nice work

With the Ainslie Div 2's playing a 9:30am game against Belco tomorrow I'm looking forward to taking a bus of boys down to Yass in the afternoon to support the regional side and have a few frothies before heading back to Ainslie for the mid-year ball. Should be a good day on the sauce haha

With the Ainslie Div 2's playing a 9:30am game against Belco tomorrow I'm looking forward to taking a bus of boys down to Yass in the afternoon to support the regional side and have a few frothies before heading back to Ainslie for the mid-year ball. Should be a good day on the sauce haha
Tyrrell's playing?

Congrats to Shane Lees on reaching the 100 club at Yass today .The former Yass captain coach and committee man has also played 186 games at Belconnen and 50 senior games at Holbrook quite an achievement .Well done mate and all the best .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Shane Lees on reaching the 100 club at Yass today .The former Yass captain coach and committee man has also played 186 games at Belconnen and 50 senior games at Holbrook quite an achievement .Well done mate and all the best .
Congrats melon! A great man. All the best

Thanks for hospitality too boys as always.

Ainslie got up over tuggers last night. Close game.

Chief flew back just in time to suit up and he had a pretty good one too.

No cameras last night though.

Coota up in the battle of the heavy weights by a couple of goals. Anyone have run down of the game?

A tough game! Coota came out hard and were all over us in the first half. The boys showed what we are capable of getting back in front at 3qtr time scoring 38-1 with the backline standing up against their quality forward line, Cummo shaking his tag and Chappo in the ruck.. Unfortunately we ran out of legs and Bird and Mcdermott seeing plenty of it and Burt kicking a couple of important goals. The game seen everything including a spectator joining in on a scuffle! A great game and a few beers enjoyed back at the family hotel...

Last edited:
A tough game! Coota came out hard and were all over us in the first half. The boys showed what we are capable of getting back in front at 3qtr time scoring 38-1 with the backline standing up against their quality forward line, Cummo shaking his tag and Chappo in the ruck.. Unfortunately we ran out of legs and Bird and Mcdermott seeing plenty of it and Burt kicking a couple of important goals. The game seen everything including a spectator joining in on a scuffle! A great game and a few beers enjoyed back at the family hotel...

Oh really? What happened in the scuffle? That spectator would be banned for life wouldn't he/she?

Oh really? What happened in the scuffle? That spectator would be banned for life wouldn't he/she?
Wasn't much in it, he was just a bit pissed and held the game up.. Apparently it was the first game he's ever been to.

Wasn't much in it, he was just a bit pissed and held the game up.. Apparently it was the first game he's ever been to.

First game and nuisance value or not, there really is no place for spectators, especially pissed ones, to be getting involved in what's happening on the field and definitely not getting involved in scuffles.

That goes for all forms of organised sport, be it for adults or kids. I'm sure he's been to some other sports matches during his life, even if they weren't footy matches? None of those sports would have endorsed spectators joining in scuffles either.

Just giving someone a slap on the wrist doesn't really send the message that that behaviour is unacceptable. And if you don't send that message, you make it more likely to see unsavoury events on the football field, such as those that occurred in a few suburban leagues around the country a few years back, where spectators got involved in on field melees and did severe damage to players with their fists and other objects

So what are peoples thoughts on the comp format for next year ? Can anybody see it changing or will it remain the same as this year ??

Would like to say players from both teams defused the situation and it shouldn't reflect poorly on the blues.

Would like to say players from both teams defused the situation and it shouldn't reflect poorly on the blues.

I'm not for a second suggesting that it should reflect poorly on the Blues. By all accounts on here, there was nothing much to the incident. I just think that supporters should be discouraged from getting involved in on field incidents. I would suggest that, unless a person has direct affiliation with a club (player, volunteer, board member, staff, etc) than that person should be held responsible for their own actions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back