AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I suggest you take that up with the league. I can assure you that this is not as ideal for us as you seem to think. Do you think this is what we proposed to the league? Players in - Players out, not great for building culture, but we'll run with it and give it another crack.

Also - isnt local footy about trying to give everyone a go, even if it means a bit of a shuffle in the lower grades, not ideal but it is inclusive.

I find it difficult to comprehend why Gungahlin were selected/chose to move up 2 grades, having come off a year of 4 total wins in 3rd and 4th grade.

ANU were keen to stay up, and had been building nicely, only to be shafted back to third grade for a club far less deserving.

I'm not saying that local footy isn't about giving blokes a go, but surely leaving ANU up would have removed a lot of unnecessary player movement...

Gungahlin appear to have been given a ticket to the higher grades on an absolute platter, real kick in the teeth for ANU who were forced into a higher grade initially, and then wanted to give it a crack on their own accord.

Do you think Gungahlin has recruited well enough to be competitive this year? Or is that why there seems to be a big fuss on dropping down players to Gungahlin or up to Gungahlin or even sideways to Gungahlin.

Do you think Gungahlin has recruited well enough to be competitive this year? Or is that why there seems to be a big fuss on dropping down players to Gungahlin or up to Gungahlin or even sideways to Gungahlin.

I find it absurd that a team that won 4 games total between 2nd and 3rd grade last year can be moved up a division each. I can't comment on their recruiting, but I can't think of any "big" names that have signed with them this far. Seems they are relying on Ainslie NEAFL players being dropped back to them to be competitive. Unsure why a new team in Canberra 1s would get the benefit of being able to play NEAFL listed players when it would appear that Ainslie/Eastlake, despite footing the wage bill for said players, are allowed to only play NEAFL players if they were juniors at that club.

But I'm sure you'll get a bunch of people telling you it's for the good of the competition, and will somehow help Gunghalin build their culture.

Jets played their first practice match of our new era last weekend and our strong preseason shone through defeating Syndey Uni 17.14.116 to 6.10.46.
Nothing but positive signs at the Jets at the moment.

We are still looking for players to get on board with us, so if you are interested in accepting the challenge of Division 1 football then join the Jets as we embark on this next chapter of our history. PM me if interested.

Jets played their first practice match of our new era last weekend and our strong preseason shone through defeating Syndey Uni 17.14.116 to 6.10.46.
Nothing but positive signs at the Jets at the moment.

We are still looking for players to get on board with us, so if you are interested in accepting the challenge of Division 1 football then join the Jets as we embark on this next chapter of our history. PM me if interested.

Always good to have a hit out at the start of a season an blow out the cobwebs. Probably all you can take from the match though as I think I read somewhere that you played Sydney Uni's 4's, 5's and 6's? Who play in Divisions 3, 4 and 5 in Sydney respectively. Probably need to step up your pre-season opponents in future years to better reflect the standard of footy you are playing now.

Ainslie 4's (playing Div 5) lost to Campbelltown's reserves (who play in Sydney Div 4) by about 2 goals on Saturday. Ainslie had about 6 or 7 thirds players (Div 2) while Campbelltown had about 5 or 6 first graders (who play Sydney premier league) playing. Match was a good, competitive hit out, with Campbelltown blitzing the first quarter and Ainslie winning the last 3 as bench numbers/fitness took it's toll on Campbelltown.

Will Cooma picking up some tuggeranong players affect them fielding a side in "5th" division? Anyone know how they are going for numbers?

Will Cooma picking up some tuggeranong players affect them fielding a side in "5th" division? Anyone know how they are going for numbers?

With Tuggeranong only fielding 1st 2nd and 5th grade I'm sure they will be stronger than people are thinking

Are the Canberra and Sydney comps relatively even in terms of quality?
Or could the top Canberra teams beat the top Sydney teams (or vice-versa)?

Sorry if this seems like a ludicrous question, but I'm quite curious.

With Tuggeranong only fielding 1st 2nd and 5th grade I'm sure they will be stronger than people are thinking
They only had 3 teams last year. I'm not assuming they will struggle, Just curious about how they are travelling.

How have teams gone in the trial matches so far?

What grade was taken into the game by Tuggeranong against Wollongong ?

Goulburn played the Penrith 3rds in the first half and 2nds in the second half. Comfortably got up in the first half around 70-6 and was even in the second half. Finished the game with 18 and fatigued late. Was a good hit out and the boys enjoyed the golden slipper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Division one played st George and division 2 played Wollongong.
Division one spanked them and were probably missing 10 or so players from the side.
Division 2 got spanked. It was a mix of division 2, 5 and some rising stars.

Bay 2s and possibly Harman are out, anyone heard this? As now one team clubs they must go to fifth grade, surely?

#gamedayexperience

Bay 2s and possibly Harman are out, anyone heard this? As now one team clubs they must go to fifth grade, surely?

#gamedayexperience

I'm starting to feel sorry for the person who does the draw. Not sure what they will do if this is correct.

Given their previous stance on one club teams, you'd have to think they'll go to div 5.

I'm guessing BB didn't move to the Canberra comp to play 5th division. I wouldn't think Harman would be too impressed either. It will be hard to please everyone if they fail to get the numbers.

Two teams fold (allegedly) and you clowns celebrate like its some sort of victory. Oh, but apparently you guys are the ones who care about growing the game...

Two teams fold (allegedly) and you clowns celebrate like its some sort of victory. Oh, but apparently you guys are the ones who care about growing the game...

Woah woah... I personally hope it doesn't happen it would be terrible for both of these clubs. There was no celebrating from this end, I actually think 3GM was being sarcastic in his post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back