AFL Eras Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

This seems a bit like Alltime draft of some time ago. ;)

Northfield Pilots.png
'The Northfield Pilots are a team situated in South Australia, in honour of one of its unsung heroes in aviation, by the name of Sir Ross Macpherson Smith.'

"It is with great pride that I was chosen through random exercises to kick off this inaugural 'AFL Eras Draft', where the best of the best are chosen throughout their respective eras of dominance and grace. Many players were considered, from all over the nation and their respective leagues. As each player was checked off the list, it was the qualities of camaraderie, sheer brilliance and a willingness to win that this team was on the lookout for. So without further adieu...

With the FIRST OVERALL DRAFT PICK IN THE AFL ERAS DRAFT 'BEFORE 1935s', THE NORTHFIELD PILOTS SELECT... KENNETH WILLIAM GEORGE 'KEN' FARMER, From the North Adelaide Football Club of the South Australian National Football League."
mf769.gif
(Ken Farmer, runs out for his final game in 1941 at Norwood Oval)
The man knownforth as one of the best the state of South Australia has ever produced and witnessed in the decades of the '20s, '30s and '40s. Known in SA as "The Bradman of Goalkickers", Ken Farmer was infact one of the most decorated Full Forwards in the history of Australian Rules Football, exceeding other full forwards such as Gordon Coventry, Tony Locket and so forth. Words cannot abound his feats in the game of Aussie Rules, nor does it capture the true essence of his dominance and playing ability. I'll leave the following statistical records and achievements for you all to be in awe of...

Career Achievements:
  • SANFL debut with North Adelaide in 1929
  • North Adelaide Leading Goalkicker 1929-41
  • SANFL Leading Goalkicker 1930-40
  • Kicked over 100 goals in an SANFL season 11 consecutive years (1930-40)
  • North Adelaide Club Captain 1934-35, 1937-38, 1941
  • North Adelaide Best & Fairest 1936
  • SANFL All-time Leading Goalkicker 1,419
  • 17 State games for South Australia
  • North Adelaide Premiership Coach 1949, 1952
  • South Australian State Coach 1954
  • North Adelaide Football Club Team of the Century - Full-forward
  • SANFL Team of the Century - Full-forward
  • North Adelaide Football Club Life Member 1937
  • Official Icon of the North Adelaide Football Club
  • SANFL Player Life Member
  • Australian Football Hall of Fame Inductee 1998
  • South Australian Football Hall of Fame Inaugural Inductee 2002
Highest goal tally against other SANFL Clubs:
  • West Torrens: 23
  • South Adelaide: 16
  • Glenelg: 15
  • Norwood: 13
  • West Adelaide: 13
  • Sturt: 13
  • Port Adelaide: 12
The Northern Pilots Team Sheet:
FB: xxx - xxx - xxx​
HB: xxx - xxx - xxx​
C: xxx - xxx - xxx​
HF: xxx - xxx - xxx​
FF: xxx - K.Farmer - xxx​
Foll: xxx - xxx - xxx​
I/C: xxx - xxx - xxx​
Sub: xxx​
Danger in Texas, your move champ!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isnt it "AFL" eras draft?

I will not try again, as the 'AFL' was not in action until 1990.

That is a legit pick, so unless you two can stipulate to me why that pick isn't legal, then that pick stays that way.
Because the AFL is a renaming of the VFL...?

Not a good enough reasoning in my opinion.

Your reasoning against my pick was because it was a 'state league', yet the VFL was also a state league.
Yet it was the league that is the AFL. ;)

Yet it was the league that is the AFL. ;)
Not changing my pick.

Where does it stipulate in this draft that SANFL or WAFL or any other players outside of the VFL BEFORE the inception of the AFL CANNOT be selected?

This needs to be clear cut, because if this bullshit is going to happen, then this game would be too Vic centric in the early goings, and not a clear representation of an Australian game.

Not changing my pick.

Where does it stipulate in this draft that SANFL or WAFL or any other players outside of the VFL BEFORE the inception of the AFL CANNOT be selected?

This needs to be clear cut, because if this bullshit is going to happen, then this game would be too Vic centric in the early goings, and not a clear representation of an Australian game.
But no one gives a crap about SANFL. ;)

All AFL stats are counted from the VFL years. I thought it was pretty clear cut to be honest. It's just like you picking blokes from the Shield in the cricket draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back