AFL Eras Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

But no one gives a crap about SANFL. ;)

All AFL stats are counted from the VFL years. I thought it was pretty clear cut to be honest. It's just like you picking blokes from the Shield in the cricket draft
* off with that seriously, I'm not in the mood to have a pissing contest between the states again. That was last week for * sake.

I won't change my pick until the actual draft creator gives me a better reasoning then the s**t you are coming up with.

**** off with that seriously, I'm not in the mood to have a pissing contest between the states again. That was last week for **** sake.

I won't change my pick until the actual draft creator gives me a better reasoning then the s**t you are coming up with.
Don't see how it's s**t when we are playing and "AFL" draft so you generally pick players from that league.

Danger in Texas lay down the law

BoshtrichBurger

The BigFooty forum is mainly based on the AFL. The 'Other Footy Games' board is for AFL games unless stated otherwise. Thus, it seems logical that a game with the name 'AFL Eras Draft' would be simply VFL (1897-1989) and AFL (1990 to present) players that are eligible to be drafted. No SANFL/WAFL.

I am Gameboss. That is all.

Let's do this again, shall we? Take two...

northfield-pilots-png.9183
'The Northfield Pilots are a team situated in South Australia, in honour of one of its unsung heroes in aviation, by the name of Sir Ross Macpherson Smith.'

"It is with great pride that I was chosen through random exercises to kick off this inaugural 'AFL Eras Draft', where the best of the best are chosen throughout their respective eras of dominance and grace. Many players were considered, from all over the nation and their respective leagues. As each player was checked off the list, it was the qualities of camaraderie, sheer brilliance and a willingness to win that this team was on the lookout for. So without further adieu...

With the FIRST OVERALL DRAFT PICK IN THE AFL ERAS DRAFT 'BEFORE 1935s', THE NORTHFIELD PILOTS SELECT... HAYDN BUNTON SNR., from the FITZROY FOOTBALL CLUB."
images
(Haydn Bunton Snr. A caricature of the great man, highlighting his Brownlow medal truimphs.)
The Best from the West, who migrated out to a Eastern Nest to show off his footballing prowess, before heading back home where he continued his dominance, and unveiling new award-like treasures for his records and trophy chest. Bunton was your Bradman equivalent in Football. Strong, fast, smart, athletic and elegant... He had it all. Possibly onef of the most decorated careers in the history of the VFL/AFL, Bunton played a total of 208 games across three leagues, with 119 of those games being played at Fitzroy. What strikes at people the most though, is that he was able to win a total of SIX Best & Fairest league awards across two leagues, all in an 11-year career. A deserving selection of the 1st Overall pick for us Pilots, as his midfield dominance is second to none. Sadly for the great man, he never got to play in a Premiership, but he was deserving of one nonetheless. Interesting fact, another reason why he is suited to this Pilots team, is that he was once enlisted in the Army and made it up to the ranking of Corporal for the Australian Army in 1943.

Career Achievements:
  • Brownlow Medal 1931, 1932, 1935
  • Sandover Medal 1938, 1939, 1941
  • Fitzroy captain 1932, 1936–1937
  • Fitzroy best and fairest 1934, 1935
  • Fitzroy leading goalkicker 1936, 1937
  • AFL Hall of Fame legend 1996
  • AFL Team of the Century (forward pocket)
  • Fitzroy Team of the Century (rover)
  • Subiaco Team of the Century (ruck-rover)
  • New South Wales Team of the Century (rover)
The Northern Pilots Team Sheet:
FB: xxx - xxx - xxx​
HB: xxx - xxx - xxx​
C: xxx - xxx - xxx​
HF: xxx - xxx - xxx​
FF: xxx - xxx - xxx​
Foll: xxx - xxx - H.Bunton Snr.​
I/C: xxx - xxx - xxx​
Sub: xxx​
Danger in Texas, your move champ!

Okay, here we go.

With the 2nd pick in the AFL Eras Draft 'Before 1935', the Doubting Thomases select...

Dick Reynolds from the Essendon Football Club

Essendon's favourite son from the early ages, Reynolds was no doubt just as good as the likes of Bunton. 3 Brownlows, a premiership captain and a multiple B&F winner in a strong era for the club says it all. His prowess and high possession-winning game was duly noticed by supporters of that era. A certain stud in a solid midfield.

And with that, Big Moose is up.

With the 3rd pick in the AFL Eras Draft 'Before 1935', the McNuggets select...

Harry Collier from the Collingwood Football Club

Collingwood's favourite son from the early ages even though he also had his brother, Collier was no doubt just as good as the likes of Bunton. 3 Brownlows, a premiership captain and a multiple B&F winner in a strong era for the club says it all. His prowess and high possession-winning game was duly noticed by supporters of that era. A certain stud in a solid midfield.

;) bombers007

Okay, here we go.

With the 2nd pick in the AFL Eras Draft 'Before 1935', the Doubting Thomases select...

Dick Reynolds from the Essendon Football Club

Essendon's favourite son from the early ages, Reynolds was no doubt just as good as the likes of Bunton. 3 Brownlows, a premiership captain and a multiple B&F winner in a strong era for the club says it all. His prowess and high possession-winning game was duly noticed by supporters of that era. A certain stud in a solid midfield.

And with that, Big Moose is up.
DiT you... :mad: .......... Smart selector ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha BB you got ripped off there mate. ..afl is a general term. If you asked someone what sport they play 7/10 they would say afl., 2/10 footy and 1/20 Aussie rules. Yes the afl is derived from vfl but only because it factors in the other states and that it is not solely Victoria anymore Are the rules different? Are the players any less talented? Hell, no selecting Jaeger omeara he plays Neafl not afl

Haha BB you got ripped off there mate. ..afl is a general term. If you asked someone what sport they play 7/10 they would say afl., 2/10 footy and 1/20 Aussie rules. Yes the afl is derived from vfl but only because it factors in the other states and that it is not solely Victoria anymore Are the rules different? Are the players any less talented? Hell, no selecting Jaeger omeara he plays Neafl not afl
I was pissed off... But these young'uns are hellbent on keeping it this way. A shame that players like Ken Farmer, Len Fitzgerald and so on won't be able to get drafted due to this 'perception' of the AFL term...

Pick 4- Gordon Coventry

Collingwood legend held the record for most goals kicked for 60 odd years with a total of 1299 goals.

* first player to reach 300 games

* Won collingwood's goal kicking for 16 consecutive years.

*first player to kick 100 goals in a season

*inducted into the hall of fame as legend status.

And the list goes on..

With the 3rd pick in the AFL Eras Draft 'Before 1935', the McNuggets select...

Harry Collier from the Collingwood Football Club

Collingwood's favourite son from the early ages even though he also had his brother, Collier was no doubt just as good as the likes of Bunton. 3 Brownlows, a premiership captain and a multiple B&F winner in a strong era for the club says it all. His prowess and high possession-winning game was duly noticed by supporters of that era. A certain stud in a solid midfield.

;) bombers007
The bolded are incorrect ;)

I just realised that this category and the 1935-1949 category are as deep as **** all. I'm thinking of allowing state players into these eras only. This means that BB can select Ken Farmer at pick 12, and no-one else can steal him, IF it is okay with everyone.

I just realised that this category and the 1935-1949 category are as deep as **** all. I'm thinking of allowing state players into these eras only. This means that BB can select Ken Farmer at pick 12, and no-one else can steal him, IF it is okay with everyone.
How much research do I have to do!

Not really. AFL is a league, Aussie rules is the sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back