Remove this Banner Ad

cammo78

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mooroolbark FC, Arizona Cardinals
AFL players would have to submit a list of all of their friends and associates as part of one suggestion under consideration as part of the league's integrity crackdown.
A list of associates would be similar to the sort of register kept by Victoria Police of its officers.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-considers-friends-register-for-players-20130228-2f98d.html#ixzz2MFUIyi59

OK...this is getting beyond a joke.

"We know the Police do it"...

Exactly who do these clowns think they are?

Just about jack of this "sport".

"List your friends"

Sounds like the AFL want their own version of facebook.
Was the first thing I thought of when I read it. I almost expected the AFL to say they want access to all the players FB accounts.

What a ridiculous idea. Just further reinforces how clueless and out of touch with reality this current admin is, continuing to ruin the game. Get. Rid. Of.

What happens when you have a falling out with someone - would you have to update your list to the integrity unit to say that they are no longer your friend?

What happens when one of your friends moves away and you no longer have contact with them? At what point in time do you have to inform the inegrity unit about this to say they are no longer your friend?

Reminds me of reading up about the red scare and joseph McCarthy, guilt by association is shit. What about Ash McGrath, is he banned from talking to his brother now because his brother is a douche?

If I actually had the talent and was playing AFL I would simply tell them to go and get ****ed. If it risked my career by not doing it legal action.

This shouldn't even be on the table, it should have been ruled out at the start for being an invasive, unworkable and useless idea, you could fly an A 380 through the huge holes in this.

And which club is keeping the logs of players weekend activities? I will not schedule or detail my schedule of my planed weekend to you. Talk about having no trust n your playing group, would be very disappointed if it was Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL players would have to submit a list of all of their friends and associates as part of one suggestion under consideration as part of the league's integrity crackdown.

All I could think of

To ensure the competition continues to thrive long term, I would think this is a reasonable request if they believe it a growing area of concern and this as an necessary and effective solution.

I don't see what avenue a player has that would result in an overturn; is it not their right to set rules that protect their competition, while individuals can then choose whether they'll agree to them or else they are free to walk away. It is not a right to play AFL.

Is it too early to list as a friend of Lenny?

And can I apply to the AFL to make Buddy take me off his friends list?

To ensure the competition continues to thrive long term, I would think this is a reasonable request if they believe it a growing area of concern and this as an necessary and effective solution.

I don't see what avenue a player has that would result in an overturn; is it not their right to set rules that protect their competition, while individuals can then choose whether they'll agree to them or else they are free to walk away. It is not a right to play AFL.

Can't tell if serious

How is anything proven? If there were reports to the integrity office you were seen with a known bikie on the weekend, couldn't you just say that you had just met them, and have no mode of contact with them ?

Without getting into the moral/ethics of it all, this is flawed. Immensely flawed. Without looking into the ethical issues etc made from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back