AFL on iOS

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish may be a little harsh, as an afl game must be a nightmare to code.
A little birdie has told me there may be an update to this game or a second release, whats cool about Ios is that it is the easiest to update. Why is there no , what we would like to see in an AFL live gold 2? Let get on it:).
For an Ios game it is good fun, and actually it is fairly advanced as for features go. The problem is the controls are not particularly user friendly, so you don't end up using the games full features. Examples of advance features people may not even use. (fake handballs) (various type of kicks) (user controlled punches/spoils) (user controlled specky attempts) (user controlled evades),
1. you have several types of kicks in this game (but it is difficult to execute them on the fly) so you stick to the torpedo (most of the time). Need a more user friendly control scheme. (Maybe like easier access shift button) that gives easier access to different game play techniques.
2. the evade/break tackle is not effective enough(more like AFL live 2) should not be eliminated completely because stamina is low, (less effective yes, but not entirely unable to execute) Animation should be dependent on direction of the direction button: If direction button is to press to the sides: should be an evade, if forward or back: attempt break tackle/fend.
3. there should be a middle speed for kick direction/power, slow motion is to slow and normal is to fast.
4. Smarter AI, better positioning, and less 50m infringements .
5 A smoother transition to the possibility to (play on). Now, the best way to play on is to press evade quickly so you can continue to play on, but then you are left with no stamina for any other evade tackles or sprint.
6. Blue tooth controller support. (would improve the game controls considerably).
This game could be much better with some minor tweaks.
For a more realistic and enjoyable game, turn slow motion off, and turn mini games off, the game is more fluid this way, and more difficult , takes more time getting used to it, but much better to play this way.

Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
I've belatedly picked this up, since there's nothing else around.

It looks nice but...how the heck do you mark? I go into the green circle, I press the mark button when the icon appears above the player and then most of the time my player drops it. Am I meant to hold the button? Press it repeatedly? Press it at a certain time just as the circle goes green?

Argh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back