AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

PULL THE ******* "RESERVED" THINGS OFF ON MATCHDAY.

So GA can come into our area, but Medallion clubs' unsold seats are "off limits" and protected like a mother protecting a newborn?

Nup. not having in AFL
You're like an old man yelling at clouds. It's hardly an issue.

It's the undercover where they're checking. They dont give a s**t out in the non-reserved areas
The attendants are at the top of the aisle only. I walked up the stairs from the tunnel between M19 and M20 for Hawks Swans and could have sat anywhere I wanted. I chose a seat out in the sun. If there were lots of empties undercover and I wanted to sit there I would have. The attendant doesn't come running down to the seats to check tickets every time someone comes up the stairs from the toilets or bar.

Aren't you the one who always throws a hissy fit when they don't man the gates at eithe end of the Members on days when the reserve is practically empty?

Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016

Every single seat should come with an assigned ticket checker that confirms your identity every time you come in or out. You need to sit quietly and cheer respectfully while they watch you from the seat next to you.

We can pay for them by folding North and St Kilda. Will have the added bonus of freeing up all Dan ‘s membership perks for some of the rest of us too.

Anyone know what the waitlist number is like if you joined got an AFL Silver Membership this year?
I'm a Gold member luckily but was looking at buying a Silver Membership for my Partner this year, and would like to know what her waitlist number would be around, and how long the waitlist to gold would be, I'm expecting around 30 years now

Last edited:
Anyone know what the waitlist number is like if you joined got an AFL Silver Membership this year?
I'm a Gold member luckily but was looking at buying a Silver Membership for my Partner this year, and would like to know what her waitlist number would be around, and how long the waitlist to gold would be, I'm expecting around 30 years now
I'm afraid your partner is at the infinity end of the queue.

We'll have civilisations living on mars.....even North will win a premiership before your partner gets a gold upgrade.

Silver membership is currently sold out. Would need to wait till next year probably

The waitlist for AFL members moves much faster than the MCC, which is at 35 years and letting people in who signed up October 1992. Currently the AFL is letting people in from 2010 or 11 so its probably around 20-25 years.

However in that time the Shane Warne stand will be redeveloped, so who knows what the Reserve looks like during that time, and after it.

Who does your partner support?

If Collingwood then I would just get 2 pies memberships that have GF tickets included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And give up his Gold? Why would he do that?

If his partner supports Collingwood then they will be waiting 25-30 years to attend a GF together. If they go the club route it may only be a few years (depending on the waitlist for best membership)

If Collingwood then I would just get 2 pies memberships that have GF tickets included.

I support Collingwood, but my partner supports Carlton (I don't know how I put up with this but I love her more than I love Football, and I've grown to accept that she'll never switch to support Collingwood)

I guess there is probably no point to put her onto a Silver Membership from next year onwards, the waitlist to Gold would just be unbearable. She doesn't go to the Footy nearly as often as I do, so I just bought her a Bronze Membership so at least we can go together now, and now she'll get a Carlton Membership Pack too.

I'd also never give up my Gold Membership, I'm only 21 years old, and have been an AFL Member since 2008 (thankfully before the 2010 GF, I heard that's when the waitlist really blew out) and got my Gold Upgrade in 2017, so I have been fortunate enough to go to the 2018 GF and the 2023 GF (Our 2023 GF Win makes what happened in 2018 somewhat bearable now).

I'm so thankful my family put me on the waitlist as early as they could, as now I feel the AFL Gold Membership is possibly the best Membership you can possibly get in the AFL compared to Club, MCC etc, value wise.

Hopefully the Redevelopment of the Warne Stand means the waitlist might move a little faster, and the AFL Reserve gets more seats, but it seems every year the AFL Reserve gets smaller and smaller, with our seats now getting taken up by the medallion club. I remember when I could sit level P every week very easily, now I've just learnt to deal with the front section of Q. I thought it was funny last year though during September that we sat every Collingwood Finals Game in P, where as in the Home and Away season, we never got out of the queue early enough to get into P. I also prefer to sit Level P and Q over Level M, I like to be able to see what is happening, can't see anything on Ground Level in my opinion.

I joined as a silver member Jan 2023, my waitlist number after season 2023 is 24178.
Definitely not holding my breath for gold but it’s still a good value membership to sit in good spots

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good luck with that. Collingwood had no available memberships with reserved seats this year. No chance of getting a Collingwood membership with guaranteed GF tickets anytime soon.

guys what round do they normally offer the golds. im pretty close i reckon. waitlist number about 1200
Was about 1900 in 2022 and 900 last year, it’s around July isn’t it? You’ll need to be lucky for them to take in 1200 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back