News AFL to Dees: Please Explain

Remove this Banner Ad

News just on Channel 7 -- the AFL asking the Melbourne Football Club to have its players explain their actions over defending Trengrove on Twitter last night.

Absolute farce is getting even worse.

Stand your ground, get the AFLPA to help out and the AFL will look absolutely ******ed.

Stand your ground, get the AFLPA to help out and the AFL will look absolutely ******ed.

I agree, stand your ground Dees!

It has been said by others, but I will reiterate: the previous two weeks since the WC game, pulling together verse Adelaide, these injuries and now Trengove-gate will have a brilliantly unifying effect on our playing group imo. To pull out a win this weekend might be a turning point for the current team, and 'the club'.

What did the afl expect A meek response from such poor MRP decision.
Fair enough if JT got 1 week but 3 weeks was plain BS:mad:

I mean, i loved Frawley a lot before all of this, but now I love him even more. Summed up my feelings exactly. **** the tribunal and MRP. Bunch of idiots.

Its good to see the boys are sticking together as a close group n looking out for each other. Something i didn't think was happening at the club. It will go along way towards a premiership with that fighting demon spirit.

What is the AFL worried about if they think they are right then they can sleep easy. But they seem to be the only ones that think that.

i think it is pathetic, Franklin (3 times) Rioli, and now this....

I should add though, it is the actions of a melbourne player which brough about this system.

hawks vs dees in 04.

Robertson headbutting vandenberg and vandenberg got 7 weeks.

Just think, if it was the old system he would have gone for about 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't remember that incident actually Mitchell Madness. I do believe you, but do you have a video or any documents about it? Sounds pretty interesting.

Im still trying to edit the video of the incident, my comp skills are limited in that department

It was the friday night game between the two clubs mid season, cant find a match report, however, recall it saying "reports:vandenberg - striking"

It would be great if the Melbourne Football Club didn't kowtow to the AFL and instead did what the AFLPA should be doing but are simply too weak and state that the players are entitled to their opinion and cop the fines.

As I read elsewhere - banned from tackling on a Monday, banned from talking on a Tuesday - what will be next.

News just on Channel 7 -- the AFL asking the Melbourne Football Club to have its players explain their actions over defending Trengrove on Twitter last night.

Absolute farce is getting even worse.

What exactly did the players tweet about?

This: http://www.hawkheadquarters.com/article.aspx?articleid=2357 ?

In 2004 we played both games against you in the afternoon.

well my video that i downloaded is wrong then, haha...

is definately a night game, am trying to find the date, the video wont load onto youtube

Vandenberg lifts his arm to stop robertson advancing on him in an off-the-ball scuffle

Robertson drops his head into vandenbergs arm, absolutely no force on vandenbergs part, however, vandenberg got 7 weeks for it.

What exactly did the players tweet about?

The suspension to Jack Trengrove. They weren't the only players to twitter about it as I know Steven Baker among others did the same.

What a farce. Please explain what?

It was an utter rubbish decision that goes completely against fabric of the game and the player IMO were confused as to what they could and couldn’t do.

The AFL has a mandate that they appreciate comradeship amongst their playing group. The Melbourne Football Club ought to come out and make an official statement to the AFL claiming that the players were doing what they've been taught to do and stand up for their mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back