AFL Townsville

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone want to talk Townsville football?

To kick things off then just like to say how impressed I am with Riverway (Tony Ireland Stadium) I have been involved at numerous leagues around the country and this is a first class facility that I hope will build the profile of Aussie Rules in the Townsville Community.

To kick things off then just like to say how impressed I am with Riverway (Tony Ireland Stadium) I have been involved at numerous leagues around the country and this is a first class facility that I hope will build the profile of Aussie Rules in the Townsville Community.
I am coming down from Cairns for the rep game this weekend and really looking forward to seeing the facility. We are very lucky up here with our grounds they are first class. I have heard the new one in Townsville is outstanding. Lets hope we see some good footy this weekend.:thumbsu:

i went and checked it out a few weeks ago. Great ground although a little hard and needs a good water. Lets hope next yr that both Cairns & Townsville get NAB cup games on seperate weekends so we can see both games.

How are the ex Cairns boys going down there
Buller for Uni
Jurgens for Uni
Bailey for lions

i went and checked it out a few weeks ago. Great ground although a little hard and needs a good water. Lets hope next yr that both Cairns & Townsville get NAB cup games on seperate weekends so we can see both games.

How are the ex Cairns boys going down there
Buller for Uni
Jurgens for Uni
Bailey for lions

Yes Riverway is a little hard under football but a fantastic regional venue for football.
Buller is playing well for the Hawks playing as a on baller half back type not too sure who Jurgens is (I am new to Townsville though) Bailey has only played 2 games and has been suspended for quite a while for what I hear was a very ugly incident against Hermit Park

Guys just wondering what your thoughts are on what initiatives could be put in place to generate more interest in the Townsvile league

Heard a whisper that the league are looking at adding a sixth team into the comp even as early as next year possibly from Charters Towers? anyone know anything about this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lions are training Tuesday's and Thursday's at Cutheringa Park meeting at 5:45pm for a 6pm start anybody interested in becoming involved is more than welcome.

Can anyone tell me who nathan ablett is playing for and what league it is in?

Nathan Ablett is playing Div1 in the AFLQ comp for the Broadbeach FC the Cats.

Yes the Townsville City Lions have folded for this season thats a real shame too as it looked like the club was just starting to look like a competitive side.

Our senior league consists of five senior clubs with reserves, with the Lions back on the track in 2010. Our Junior league consists of 9 junior clubs with the growth of the game continuing at a pleasing rate.

School footy has been well received with all schools getting a look at AFL with both girls and boys enjoying the great game including 33 schools in 2009 with 42 teams in the school competition. In the NAB AUSKICK clinics we had 1648 children registered. Townsville AFL is very fortunate to have three development officers working for AFL Queensland.

AFL Townsville compete with five national sports in Townsville with the Cowboys Rugby League team, the Townsville Fire (women’s) and the Crocodiles (men’s) national basketball teams, The North Queensland Fury Soccer team in the “A league” and the V8 Supercars. Throw in all the other activities and Townsville is a very sports friendly city.

Visit the web site @ www.townsville.aflq.com.au and there are links to all our clubs websites.

im 100% certain that twin city lions are non existent
The Townsville City Lions are the Back on the track in 2010. With the merger of the cities and the rebuilding of the club the name changed. Training is at the Castle Hill PCYC in Harold St Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6pm. Reserves only for 2010. For more information on getting the 5th team on the track visit www.tclafc.org.au or www.townsville.aflq.com.au. The Lions also have a facebook page. Can either of you help with the Townsville City Lions??

are the lions actually playing? i checked out the website, up to round 7 which is where they are at, and they have shown absolutely no results for lions matches, like they are non existant again.

are the lions actually playing? i checked out the website, up to round 7 which is where they are at, and they have shown absolutely no results for lions matches, like they are non existant again.

they only have a reserves and no seniors, sad

Heyy guys, hows it going? I have recently moved away from Melbourne and looking forward for an opportunity to join a team. I have played/trained a bit with Pascoe vale (EDFL). Only thing is I live in North Ward so can anyone recommend me a descent club and one which is a bit closer to my residence?

Thanks

Have a good one..Abs

Hey gUys wanted to start a bit of chat bout the upcoming season new recruits any notable departures?? Any ladder predictions?

Hermit park
Curra swans??
Thuringowa
Hawks

Think it's Gina b a closely contested year.
Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back