AFLQ state association Div2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 might be abit of an exageration. i counted 7 to come back. with our chb,fb,chf all out atm.

Yer ive only counted 7 to. not to sure who the other 3 players are but there are a couple players turning upto training but havent said if they are playing yer thats prob where the other 3 have came from.

Could'nt agree more Brizzle. The Roosters have had there ups and downs over the years and if it wasnt for blokes like sutto the club would've folded long ago. We will be back at the top soon, the game against the Buffs was a promising sign of things to come in the future maybe not this year but the signs are good. The news about Reidy not good, hope he is alright a totally top bloke and I wish well. Looking forward to the game againts Ipwich this week should be a cracker.

Yes mate they do have some good lines, I must admit they got under my skin when we played in the practice match. Wont happen round 5, will just have the earmuffs on and hit them where it really hurts! The abuse is nothing to write home about, most of it comes from a lot of ex-players that were never any good and have only played football in QLD anyway.

But yes, If you are not busy that day, I suggest you come down and have a look. You are guaranteed a laugh listening to these courages men yell abuse. It takes me back to the days when you would play a game against Central Districts in Elizabeth (Adelaide). However the Roosters faithful are just a little bit more classy, they have more teeth and better flannelette shirts.

hey i heard your 24 is that right? i also know you played at uq last year, moorooka before that, Mayne before that and moorooka before that so when did you have this illustrious career in South Aus, in your wet dreams.
I also know Webby won the div 2 medal three years in a row and thier ex pres you keep bagging was playing QAFL ( state League) for Sherwood in the early 80s , well before you were a bit of cum on your dads dick. I know thats only Qld footy so it doesnt count. No wait their ex pres played superules for Victoria in 3 carnivals and two E J Whitten legends games against South Aus. Ok its not the AFL, that you obviously should be playing. Those guys are allowed to say what they want at their own club without princessess like you crying about it.
You keep telling us how good you are sport and we will all think we are so priveleged to be in the same comp as you.

hahah i recon sounds like that watto guy played under age SANFL like everyone else who could kick a drop punt in adelaide, not a massive achievement down there

Some of the banter on here is priceless.

Anyone floating around here from Ipswich? Just wondering how they were shaping up this year in Seniors and Ressies. Looking forward to the hit out against them this week.

Round 3

Caboolture vs Coomera
Griffith Moorooka vs Ipswich
Nambour & Hinterland vs Beenleigh
Redcliffe vs Calamvale
Logan City vs UQ Redlions 2

Should be a cracker. Tips?

Round 3

Caboolture vs Coomera
Redcliffe vs Calamvale

Seniors.

Caboolture too strong for Coomera - 7 goals
Griffith to upset Ipswich - 8 points
Nambour to draw with Beenleigh - what else can I say really?
Redcliffe to fall over the line against Calamvale - 13 points
Logan just over UQ - 15 goals

Ressies.

Coomera just - 3 goals
Griffith just - 7 points
Buffs by 8 goals
Redcliffe by 6 goals
Logan by 15 points

Seniors:
Caboolture in a close one
Chooks by a couple of goals
Nambour in a tight one. Under a kick.
Calamvale by 3 goals
Logan by plenty

Ressies:
Coomera by about 3 goals
Chooks by 5 or 6 goals
Beenleigh by a 4 goals
Calamvale in a tight one
Logan by 40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone will know how good the Blues really are after this weeks game.

Should be a cracker.

Whilst I cant speak for everyone, and have acknowledged very early on how good Nambour will be this season, the one thing I have learnt in the past 5 years is that teams in Div2 dont show their true strength until the second half of the season as most teams have quite a few late comers for various reasons.

The year we won the flag we were barely sitting in the 5 at the mid point of the season.

Beware of Robina Syndrome. Peaking early and getting ahead of yourselves.

Whilst I cant speak for everyone, and have acknowledged very early on how good Nambour will be this season, the one thing I have learnt in the past 5 years is that teams in Div2 dont show their true strength until the second half of the season as most teams have quite a few late comers for various reasons.

The year we won the flag we were barely sitting in the 5 at the mid point of the season.

Beware of Robina Syndrome. Peaking early and getting ahead of yourselves.

Well said Morro....any news on big Hutchy for us?

Also any news on the injury front? WTF is Holla7?

would be great to see, blues will win by a bit i think

whats the ipswich midfield like this year

Ipswich midfield is a pretty young group of guys, they had Luke K and Rodders back on weekend to add some experience, plus they have three or four to come back over next few weeks, so signs are pretty good for the Eagles.

Think others on here may be suprised when they see them in action. Actually thought Eagles were pretty good against Logan in praccy match, only lost by 11 that day, and probably had 10-12 starters out, plus Logan had 10 more on bench, as Eagles fielded two sides that day.

And they were very good on Saturday, and really ran hard and pressured Calamvale all over the ground.
End of first round will be the marker for everyone,

Seniors.

Caboolture too strong for Coomera - 7 goals
Griffith to upset Ipswich - 8 points
Nambour to draw with Beenleigh - what else can I say really?
Redcliffe to fall over the line against Calamvale - 13 points
Logan just over UQ - 15 goals

Ressies.

Coomera just - 3 goals
Griffith just - 7 points
Buffs by 8 goals
Redcliffe by 6 goals
Logan by 15 points

Interesting tips Morro. I see you have a bit more respect for the Roosters this week :)

Hopefully we can play well and come away with our first win!

I'll put my tips in shortly. Stay tuned ;)

Who the hell did they have playing on him, a 10 yr old? He's a chance for the goal kicking award at this pace.:D All is good, We have a defender that will make a leopard burger out of him, and then make Wade eat it!

No mate no bog, only 2nd best. Still working on match fitness like everyone else.

Coomera had some good little fit blokes and were well drilled at the stoppages. Can anyone confirm that GazObama is their full back? Well the FB is named Gaz anyway,so maybe the same bloke.

Regarding Reidy, that is not good news at all, top bloke. Was it a knee?

Yeah that was me. think I played on you for a minute. I play everywhere jack of all trades master of none as they say. I was moved up forward and got smashed with some friendly fire so barely got a touch. Think i'll be watching from the sidelines this week.

Round 3

Caboolture vs Coomera
Redcliffe vs Calamvale

Seniors

Caboolture at home by 5 goals
Griffith Moorooka by 3 pnts
Nambour- 10 goals
Redcliffe- 3 goals
Logan- Should be a tight game with reidy out. Time do step up watto!

Reserves

Coomera
GMAFC
Beenleigh easily
Calamvale
Logan

All the best this week

Interesting tips Morro. I see you have a bit more respect for the Roosters this week :)

Hopefully we can play well and come away with our first win!

I'll put my tips in shortly. Stay tuned ;)

I was pleasantly suprised by your mids on the weekend, worked really well in tight and your ruckman goes very well in the centre taps.

Your backline was very young and inexperienced though which will hurt you when teams are at full strength.

I notice you tipped our ressies to win easily??? I thought Nambour 2's had been pretty competitive?

I was pleasantly suprised by your mids on the weekend, worked really well in tight and your ruckman goes very well in the centre taps.

Your backline was very young and inexperienced though which will hurt you when teams are at full strength.

I notice you tipped our ressies to win easily??? I thought Nambour 2's had been pretty competitive?

Your ressies should do it fairly easily against the Nambour ressies Morro. They have a great Seniors side, but lack a bit of depth so it sort of thins out as you get into their second 22.

WTF is Holla7?

Finally back One 2 Roo, been flat out work wise, haven't even had 5 minutes to scratch my arse!

Well what can I say, great win by the Logan Seniors away to Caboolture. The Lions wouldn't go away but to the ones credit they held them off in a good contest by a couple of goals. Very pleasing to see!

In terms of our Reserves, it was a pathetic day! We got smashed by a Lions side that were more hungry for the ball, plain and simple. Unfortunently some of the senior blokes that were meant to be coming back on the weekend didn't and therefore a couple of our key magoos players had to go up. We also had a couple of our better 2's players pull out before the bounce which certainly didn't help our cause, but these things happen!

Anyhow look forward to taking on UQ this weekend at Tansey Park. I'm pretty confident the ones will get over the line and I know many of the two's are keen to revenge our defeat against the Red Lions in last years Semi!

Your ressies should do it fairly easily against the Nambour ressies Morro. They have a great Seniors side, but lack a bit of depth so it sort of thins out as you get into their second 22.

Yeah the Ressies are desperate for numbers at the moment.

Hopefully by half way through the season both the 1's and 2's should be coming along nicely, with more players to come into both teams.

Round 3

Caboolture vs Coomera
Redcliffe vs Calamvale

Seniors

Caboolture vs Coomera: This is a hard one seeing that Caboolture are at home and will be looking to get back on the winners list after last weekend's loss to Logan. The new boys Coomera are travelling along nicely at the moment. I will tip the Lions in this one by 7 points.

Griffith Moorooka vs Ipswich: Ipswich should have too much class. Eagles by 34 points.

Nambour vs Beenleigh: Another hard one to pick, both haven't lost a game this year and look very competitive. Travel factor could hinder the Buffaloes but due to their consistency over the last couple of years I'll back them to shake the Blues by 11 points.

Redcliffe vs Calamvale: Both coming off thumping's last weekend. This could be a really tight battle. I'll pick the Tigers to just win by 5 points due to the home ground advantage.

Logan City vs UQ Red Lions 2 - UQ have been hammered in the first two rounds and I have no doubt they will get better as the year goes on but just can't go past my Cobras in this one, especially at home. Logan by 55 points.

Reserves

Caboolture vs Coomera: This will be a good game I reckon! Just think the Lions will be too good at home against the Magpies. Lions by 11 points

Griffith Moorooka vs Ipswich: Ipswich will be too good I think against the Roosters. Eagles by 18 points.

Nambour vs Beenleigh: The Buffaloes will have too much class. I'm backing them by 23 points.

Redcliffe vs Calamvale: Redcliffe are going along nicely, think they will account for the Leopards by 31 points.

Logan City vs UQ Red Lions 2 - The Cobras will have a few back this week and will be looking to avenge their semi final defeat last year. Logan City by 22 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back