AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pritchard is the one now.
Grant will stay, no doubt about that, but we need to sign Pritchard.
The dominoes seem to be falling the right way: Blackburn, Edmond, Wilcox.

I'd be hopeful that with those locked away and a new coach we are now shoring up confidence in the future of our AFLW squad, so that others such as Pritchard will be encouraged to sign up too.

Ellie Blackburn is one of eight inclusions to the Western Bulldogs VFLW line-up this weekend.

Blackburn will join fellow AFLW-listed Bulldogs Sarah Hartwig, Jorja Borg and Maggie Gorham in the team that faces Carlton on Sunday morning.

Caitlin Pickett, Millie Klingbeil, Mali McLeod and Mia-Rae Clifford have also been named to play.
Imogen Milford, Tallia Pulcino and Cassidy Mailer will miss through injury, while Isadora McLeay misses through illness.

Jaimi Tabb is set to play in the ADF match, while Chloe Leonard, Tannah Hurst and Mia Cowan have been omitted.

The first bounce will be at 11am on Sunday 28 April at Mission Whitten Oval.

The match will be live-streamed via afl.com.au/vflw for those who can’t make it, with game-day updates also available via @BulldogsW on X (Twitter).

VFLW Team | Round 6

Western Bulldogs v Carlton
Sunday 28 April, 11am AEST
Mission Whitten Oval

B: A Snow (57), T Crook (30)
HB: S Asciak (28), M Gorham (6), C Pickett (59)
C: M Klingbeil (53), D Carbone (54), E Nekrep (41)
HF: E Blackburn (2), S Hartwig (15), R Saulitis (56)
F: J Borg (16), M Clifford (47)
R: K Hardingham (66), E Bishop (35), D Carruthers (8)
Int: J Henry (68), M McLeod (31), S Skinner (62), C Ugle (29), E Ramsay (46)
Emg:
T Skenderis (34), C Leonard (38), M Sandral (39), M Cowan

In: C Pickett, E Blackburn, M Klingbeil, J Borg, S Hartwig, M McLeod, M Gorham, M Clifford
Out: I Milford (injured), T Pulinco (injured), C Mailer (injured), J Tabb (ADF match), I McLeay (illness), C Leonard, T Hurst, M Cowan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back