Ah well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by LIONS2001
Last night after the game I couldn't help thinking about the effect Johnson would have had on this game!! Bolton would not have been in and well who knows i guess.
Indeed. My take on it is that it would've made little difference. I don't think a Tarrant-Johnson matchup would've been any more successful as Tarrant would still've been able to take those chest marks across the 30 to 50 metres out.

Tarrant is a 'long lead' forward so taking marks up on the wing is OK but he was getting his inside 50 ( plus a number of frees ). I would have gone with Notting, as he could have spoilt and rebounded.

Chris Johnson just always gives the opposition ( and their coach ) something to think about and his kicking out is criticall. He would have done his normal rebounding thing.

Bradshaw is our leading contested marking player so the long bomb should actually suit him. If we don't play to his strengths, he'll drop in form. His game v North last year really showed his skillset.

We have to straighten up our play so we don't continually have set shots from the boundary line.

I hate Collingwood. :mad:
I especially hate losing to Collingwood. :mad:
I especially especially hate losing to Collingwood after coming so bloody close to winning. :mad:

I went to bed on Saturday night dreaming that Aker had kicked that goal, or Leppa hadn't slipped over, or Bolton had gone for the long bomb, or Whitey had gone back on his right and snapped, and we had scored with 10 seconds to go. The ground falls oddly silent as a small band of diehards go crazy from the cheap seats on Level 4. The look on the face of the tosser five rows behind me who called Pikey a "******" says it all. "He's got more Premiership medallions than your entire team, mate". Instead of pumping the air, Eddie cries and tears roll down his chins. Lethal loses his cool facade completely and runs out onto the ground waving his jacket around his head in a move that will be imitated every time these teams meet. Piqued, Mick Malthouse TKOs his entire coaching staff. Brisbane moves to 7-1 and goes two games clear of everyone else. The rot sets in for the Pies and they lose the next five games as Anthony Rocca once again forgets how to kick from more than 30 metres out.

Funny how one goal can ruin your whole week. Unfortunately, people, this is football.

Never fear Blackers. Deep down you know the facts. Brisbane sit on top of the ladder with Collingwood second. If that's the toughest opposition in this league that we need to face for the year, then that's fine with me. Lethal may have stuffed up once, but he will not do so twice in one season with the same opposition. Bring on the Finals and let us eat Collingwood alive. That is if they don't suffer from the Colliwobbles yet again!

Originally posted by Yippyio
IMO, it wasnt a great game at all, i thought Brisbane werent very good at all last night, i can see brilliance in there play but they only showed a few signs of it last night.
They looked very unfit in my opinion, and did Malthouse watch the same game as me? He said Brisbane were pretty close to there best last night! if thats there best then we are in trouble.

The only great part about it is that it was close and so everyone thinks what a great game, i thought we were ordinary

let them believe that we were at our best. suits us to have them preening themselves - getting all mushy dreaming about the premiership. mabye the bleating about the untouchables & how it's sooo unfair that the Lions are that good will stop now.

i was absolutely gut wrenched on the way home. felt your sentiments exactly blackers....

but to me its the reason you love footy. people can jump on when you win, but when you lose a close one, and it hurts, then you know you love footy...

I'm pleased to announce I have a cure, at least for Victorian based supporters. Purchase, borrow or steal a copy of Fitzroy v Collingwood 1993. A brilliant 3 point win with the last kick of the game by Roos.

If you have video editing abilities you could even splice the end of that game onto this week's game and away you go... :D

You're spot on adey. Close games are great footy. Fitzroy used to have a lot of close games, which is why I'm prematurely balding.

:eek: (me in the mirror every morning - notice the lack of hair)