Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Malcheski

• Roger Hayden

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cambell Brown is a small defender that plays on tall foward so i am not counting him. Roger Hayden has been the best small defender this year, he is highly underated but i doubt he will be AA.

Cambell Brown is a small defender that plays on tall foward so i am not counting him. Roger Hayden has been the best small defender this year, he is highly underated but i doubt he will be AA.

Is Brown a big bloke or small bloke? Is he a forward or a defender? Don't screw with the criteria just to suit your argument, you know he owns this position. :rolleyes:

So hes a 177 KPP?
Your thinking of the "All Australian small unaccountable flanker" not Small defender

Is Brown a big bloke or small bloke? Is he a forward or a defender? Don't screw with the criteria just to suit your argument, you know he owns this position. :rolleyes:
I see what you mean but i don't think of him as a small defender, due to the fact he plays on the tall power fowards.

I see what you mean but i don't think of him as a small defender, due to the fact he plays on the tall power fowards.

Except when he plays on O'Keefe, N Brown, Didak...

edit* and is given his only hiding for the season by Corey Jones.

Lads, read the subject, All Australian Small Defender.

Not a midfield squib who collects the easy ball on half back (a la Peter Burgoyne). The word defender in the AFL, means someone why succesfully negates an opposition forward. If you want Shaw, McLeod, Milburn, Adcock then the role called sweeper would apply. Nothing against the guys personally but they are instructed to play as an attacking half-back, sweeper role due to their skill.

I will show bias and state that Campbell Brown is the best All-Australian Small Defender as week in week out his role is to take a dangerous forward (big or small) and the only time he got carved up was against Corey Jones a fortnight ago. Roger Hayden would be my next pick.

I will say though, there aren't many than fit the bill without their role being part defender and part sweeper.

Totally agree. That's why I nominated Dasher Milburn. Campbell Brown would be a close second for mine.

Would be between Brown, Pratt and Milburn as they have been the best small DEFENDERS (not rebounders - like the poll seems to suggest).

See Brown on the weekend?
Just guarenteed his spot:thumbsu:
He decided he's going to need to take some runs up the ground to get AA so he did it to show how easy it is, and then went back to beating probably the best small forward going around.

He won't make AA though, they'll pick 2 fullbacks, 3 midfielders and stick a spare ruckman in the pocket like they always do.

Back