Remove this Banner Ad

B: N.Smith---------Talia----------Hooker
HB: Malceski-------May-----------B.Smith
C: Fyfe------------Pendles--------Boak
HF: Harvey-------Franklin---------Gray
F: Ballantyne------Shultz---------Breust
R: Jacobs-----------Ablett---------Kennedy

B: Sandilands Parker Libba Sloane

I must be missing something, because to me Mackenzie has been pretty ordinary this season. Just about every decent forward he plays on kicks a couple, or 8 - though he did manage to hold Pav goalless after his own career-high 8 a couple years back.

I'd rather see Carlile and Hooker as the KPD types with a brace of small and medium defenders, who have formed a stronger field than recent years. Talia in the squad.
I think you are missing something, Mackenzie has had a fantastic season and rarely been beaten. Conceeding 4 to Roughy and 3 to Hawkins are his two poorest games.

Apart from that he held Pavlich goalless and then to a single goal, Franklin to 1 goal and only 2 marks, Nick Riewoldt goalless and 1 goal in 2 games, Cloke to 1 goal, Petrie to 2 goals, Henderson 1 goal, Shultz 2 goals. Merrett, Patton, Stringer and Howe goalless from the 'lesser' forwards.

After making the squad last year should be in line for the FB spot this year.

B: N.Smith---------Talia----------Hooker
HB: Malceski-------May-----------B.Smith
C: Fyfe------------Pendles--------Boak
HF: Harvey-------Franklin---------Gray
F: Ballantyne------Shultz---------Breust
R: Jacobs-----------Ablett---------Kennedy

B: Sandilands Parker Libba Sloane

I realise team performance doesn't necessarily equate to the sum on individual performances but I reckon that looking at the number of players from each club and comparing it to where they are on the ladder can give some idea of whether a team "looks right". Your team has 4 Adelaide players in it, a team not even in the top 8. On the other hand, it has just one player from the team in 3rd despite having had more than their fair share of injuries this year and who many would have as premiership favourite if they can get most of their injured players back. A lone player from the Hawks also looks odd against 5 from my team and 3 from the Dockers.

I think Jordan Lewis has stepped up superbly with Mitchell missing for so long. I'd definitely have him in over Sloane. And I'd probably find a spot for Gunston at the expense of Parker on the bench.

I'll be surprised in N Smith gets into the team. Does the AA team ever pick a back pocket defender when they can put in instead a more flamboyant rebounding defender or another midfielder?

I think you are missing something, Mackenzie has had a fantastic season and rarely been beaten. Conceeding 4 to Roughy and 3 to Hawkins are his two poorest games.

Apart from that he held Pavlich goalless and then to a single goal, Franklin to 1 goal and only 2 marks, Nick Riewoldt goalless and 1 goal in 2 games, Cloke to 1 goal, Petrie to 2 goals, Henderson 1 goal, Shultz 2 goals. Merrett, Patton, Stringer and Howe goalless from the 'lesser' forwards.

After making the squad last year should be in line for the FB spot this year.

But he conceeds 2 to guys every week.
Just looking through the first 5 rounds

Crameri -2
Riewodlt -2
Hawkins-3
Schulz-2
Henderson-2

and thats when you were winning games!

Dont know where you're getting your stats from but youre either lying or cant read.

I realise team performance doesn't necessarily equate to the sum on individual performances but I reckon that looking at the number of players from each club and comparing it to where they are on the ladder can give some idea of whether a team "looks right". Your team has 4 Adelaide players in it, a team not even in the top 8. On the other hand, it has just one player from the team in 3rd despite having had more than their fair share of injuries this year and who many would have as premiership favourite if they can get most of their injured players back. A lone player from the Hawks also looks odd against 5 from my team and 3 from the Dockers.

I think Jordan Lewis has stepped up superbly with Mitchell missing for so long. I'd definitely have him in over Sloane. And I'd probably find a spot for Gunston at the expense of Parker on the bench.

I'll be surprised in N Smith gets into the team. Does the AA team ever pick a back pocket defender when they can put in instead a more flamboyant rebounding defender or another midfielder?

Nick Smith just HAS to get in! It'll be a travesty if he doesnt. He probably should've been in last year.

As far as the crows go, i think Talia, Smith and Jacobs will be around the mark but thats it. Sloane has tried hard, but his disposal has let him down much of the year.
Unless Dangerfield goes postal in the last 6 rounds but even then probably not consistent enough to crack the midfield.

Crameri -2
Riewodlt -2
Hawkins-3
Schulz-2
Henderson-2

Dont know where you're getting your stats from but youre either lying or cant read.
No doubt half those goals where when Mckenzie was not playing on them.

Hooker doesn't play loose man. He just knows when to come off his man (hence #1 for intercept marks last year, probably going alright this year too)

He has done at times when Carlisle has been played back (but thats mainly in 2013)

He and Talia should be FB and CHB, dont really care which ones which.

Crameri -2
Riewodlt -2
Hawkins-3
Schulz-2
Henderson-2

I quote from a thread on our board:
Well I didn't see any goals kicked on Mackenzie last night so that brings his season tally up to 18:
Break down like this:
Round 1 - Stringer = 0 goals.
Round 2 - Howe = 0 goals.
Round 3 - Riewoldt = 1 goal.
Round 4 - Hawkins = 3 goals.
Round 5 - Schulz = 2 goals.
Round 6 - Henderson = 2 goals.
Round 7 - Pavlich = 0 goals.
Round 8 - Patton = 0 goals.
Round 10 - Cloke = 1 goal.
Round 11 - Petrie = 2 goals.
Round 12 - Roughead + Gunston = 4 goals.
Round 13 - Dixon/Lynch = ? goals.
Round 14 - Riewoldt = 1 goal.
Round 15 - Pavlich = 1 goal.
Round 16 - Franklin = 1 goal.
Round 17 - Merrett = 0 goals.

Need to find out what was kicked on him by his opponent in the GC game.

FYI, I am of the opinion that Talia is still the choice of the key backs, if that is what you are contending.
I would argue that Mackenzie is the second choice, though.

I quote from a thread on our board:

FYI, I am of the opinion that Talia is still the choice of the key backs, if that is what you are contending.
I would argue that Mackenzie is the second choice, though.

All good, but whoever put that together is missing some things.
Riewoldt kicked 2 goals in round 3. Unless theyre counting goals when he was actually his direct opponent. But in that case the stats for Talia and Hooker would have to be altered in the same fashion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good, but whoever put that together is missing some things.
Riewoldt kicked 2 goals in round 3. Unless theyre counting goals when he was actually his direct opponent. But in that case the stats for Talia and Hooker would have to be altered in the same fashion.

I put that together.
Of course they should be altered.
Riewoldt kicked a goal on Glass in that game.
Why should goals kicked against other players fall onto the ledgers of Mackenzie/Talia/Hooker?
Anything else I'm "missing"?

I put that together.
Of course they should be altered.
Riewoldt kicked a goal on Glass in that game.
Why should goals kicked against other players fall onto the ledgers of Mackenzie/Talia/Hooker?
Anything else I'm "missing"?

Well everyone here is claiming buddy kicked 4 on Talia, but one of those goals was a downfield free kick, and another was a free kick given away by another player.

I'm sure same can be said for some of the 'goals kicked on hooker'

Well everyone here is claiming buddy kicked 4 on Talia, but one of those goals was a downfield free kick, and another was a free kick given away by another player.

I'm sure same can be said for some of the 'goals kicked on hooker'

Yep, Schulz kicked a goal from a Stanton trip in his 3 against Hooker, and Riewoldt had 1 on Fletch's free iirc

I'm not sure how you factor in free kicks (I certainly haven't). I've just factored in who has actually kicked goals against Mackenzie.
Even ones like the Pavlich one a fortnight ago which was clearly instigated by a massive Priddis turn-over that upset our whole backline. Obviously I am of the opinion that such a goal still counts against Mackenzie even if Priddis was clearly the player at fault.
But certainly goals kicked on Fletcher/Rutten etc.... cannot count against Talia's/Hooker's case for AA.

I'd be happy with a NFL-Pro Bowl type situation where they dictate how many for each position is picked. I realise in AFL player often play various roles but most can be placed/picked in a role.

Rucks (2)
KPF (3)
small/medium forward (3)
Midfielder (69)
KPD (3)

etc

At least we'd have an idea or what they were after and no be guessing if they'll pick 2 ruckmen or 3 KPD's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back