All things James Frawley - pick #3 compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

With all the rubbish and unbelievable crap that gets sprouted around here, why you would put question to Frawley being a good bloke is beyond me.
It's based entirely around James refusing to indicate what he was doing all year - despite a contract offer being put to him. That is on the record from Peter Jackson. I don't find it ripping to not even talk to your own club. Regardless of what your mates say, I think the way a person handles something uncomfortable to be be more informative than how much fun they had at Oktoberfest where being in a good mood is as easy as falling off a log.

Ando I can only presume you either;

a) had lots of money on the Swans to win on Saturday
b) have a severe hangover, or case of Mondayitis
or,
c) are pre-menstrual.

Other than my scepticism about the "ripping" judgements of your mates, I'm feeling great today, thanks! :)

It's based entirely around James refusing to indicate what he was doing all year - despite a contract offer being put to him. That is on the record from Peter Jackson. I don't find it ripping to not even talk to your own club. Regardless of what your mates say, I think the way a person handles something uncomfortable to be be more informative than how much fun they had at Oktoberfest where being in a good mood is as easy as falling off a log.

Other than my scepticism about the "ripping" judgements of your mates, I'm feeling great today, thanks! :)

Its on the record that we only put a formal offer to him with around 3 weeks remaining in the season.

And I believe that for most of the year he probably thought he was likely to leave, but uncertain until more recently.

I'm not sure what you would expect him to say to the club, given that Paul Roos said from the start that if he knew a player was leaving, he wouldnt play him. Given our forward line issues this year, I suspect Paul Roos probably didnt want to know!

Anyway I glad you're feeling great today. You seem like a ripping bloke. :thumbsu:

Has there been any discussion on how Chip went from being a RFA to a UFA? Obviously someone looked at his contract and asked the AFL for clarification, but could another club (e.g. Hawthorn) have asked Chip's management how it was structured and then the AFL was asked about it? From where I sit, only the club, Chip, his management and the AFL would have been privy to the contract. Pretty sneaky if it originated from another club enquiring as to the makeup of the contract. If Chip was a RFA I have no doubt we would have matched the offer.

Has there been any discussion on how Chip went from being a RFA to a UFA? Obviously someone looked at his contract and asked the AFL for clarification, but could another club (e.g. Hawthorn) have asked Chip's management how it was structured and then the AFL was asked about it? From where I sit, only the club, Chip, his management and the AFL would have been privy to the contract. Pretty sneaky if it originated from another club enquiring as to the makeup of the contract. If Chip was a RFA I have no doubt we would have matched the offer.

Simple. He had a heavily front loaded contract; meaning this year he isn't in the top 25% of earners at the club.

Yeah, but didn't his status change? I'm sure Chip was listed as a restricted free agent but this later changed.
Did a bit of googling and it seems it was assumed Chip was a restricted FA but when the list come out he was unrestricted. Makes sense now.

Greg Swann whinging that we shouldn't get pick 3 for Frawley, what a campaigner.

This is the bloke who thought having a lion at the ground on matchdays would be a good idea. Guess he needs to be making plenty of soundbites to sweep that one under the rug. He's right, but given compensation is tied to where a club finishes, it's hardly unfair. If he's whinging that Frawley isn't worth top tier compo on the other hand... that's more or less up to the clubs offering him big contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its official. On my phone so can't post the link but he's told the club he's leaving. Knew this was a sure thing for months but can't help but feel a little sad seeing Chip go. Was always one of my favorites.

Officially as good as lost our Full Forward (again) and our Full Back in 24 hours.

There goes our chance of a home final next season you'd say.

Merrett and Frost will plug those gaps. Just you wait and see!

I don't even know if I'm being serious or sarcastic anymore....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back