All things James Frawley - pick #3 compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle would be insane not to go for him, considering the imminent retirement of McPharlin in the next two years.

McPharlin will probably retire in the next two months. Johnson will be gone in 2-3 years. Also, Dawson will be found out as an average player in a good side if Freo drop their bundle

McPharlin will probably retire in the next two months. Johnson will be gone in 2-3 years. Also, Dawson will be found out as an average player in a good side if Freo drop their bundle
Pav isn't far away, nor is Sandi. Mundy will be on his last contract.

Eh oh.

Also, Dawson will be found out as an average player in a good side if Freo drop their bundle

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Dawson is a good player. He's a tolerable 3rd tall defender, if you have low standards.

If Frawley is interested in winning things, should skip over to the Gold Coast. Ablett comes back fit and firing, the kids are just about ready for finals football and he comes in to bolster the backline. The team starts to look pretty impressive.

Gerard Healy loves him... Not the best example of a good judge of player, but still

Can't argue he's made the most of his minimal talent. I think some people fall a little bit in love with bad players because they're so full of honest trying.

If Frawley is interested in winning things, should skip over to the Gold Coast. Ablett comes back fit and firing, the kids are just about ready for finals football and he comes in to bolster the backline. The team starts to look pretty impressive.
Might be a bit worried about long-term job security at the GC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a bit worried about long-term job security at the GC

I think he'd fit in as the 3rd tall and rebounding defender. May and Thompson get to play lock down KPs. Given the outrageous number of points Gold Coast conceded towards the end of the season, I think he'll be right for a while.

I think he'd fit in as the 3rd tall and rebounding defender. May and Thompson get to play lock down KPs. Given the outrageous number of points Gold Coast conceded towards the end of the season, I think he'll be right for a while.

Agree with this... He made AA in 2010 as a 2nd/3rd tall, as well as rebounding back. He never really played the monster... except when he destroyed Fev when we smashed Brisbane at the G

Agree with this... He made AA in 2010 as a 2nd/3rd tall, as well as rebounding back. He never really played the monster... except when he destroyed Fev when we smashed Brisbane at the G
Frawley has always been our #1 defender? Before moving forward this year he'd always take Franklin, Cloke, J Riewoldt, etc.

I personally hope he's not that smart.

I personally hope he's not that smart.

I'm hoping Gold Coast would throw money bags at him as incentive as well. I don't care where he goes as long as he's a greedy Kent and we get top compo.

Lets be honest, when most Melbourne players move to another successful club, it is almost a culture shock for them just how much harder it is to stay fit in order to compete for their place in the team. Just look at Colin Sylvia for example.

The only players who's careers didn't flush down the tubes I know of since the inception of free agency is Jared Rivers and Jamie Bennell. Even then these players get sometimes demoted.

If Chip were to have a shot at a premiership, he should ignore those opportunities from Freo, Hawthorn and Geelong and go for a young up and coming team. If he goes to a team like Gold Coast, at least he will have more of an opportunity to adapt to their level of fitness and rise properly into a premiership window in 4-5 years.

I reckon Chip will kill it in a good team. It'd be amazing for him to play in a back line that's not having to deal with wave after wave of inside 50s each week, and with enough skills not to turn it over most times they bring the ball up the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back