All Time Test Cricket Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

As fast as man has ever bowled. Frank 'Typhoon' Tyson is enough to put fear into the hearts of even the strongest men.

FRANK-TYSON1.jpg

"Frank Tyson, at his peak, was possibly the fastest bowler of all time. In 1954–55, England convincingly beat Australia by three Tests to one, mainly thanks to devastating bowling that earned Tyson the nickname 'Typhoon'. Roaring off a long run, he generated tremendous pace that unnerved and unhinged even the greatest batsmen."

"His best pace was nothing short of startling to batsmen and spectators alike. He represented an elemental force obscuring the details of his technique and the highest tribute he received was the gasp of incredulity frequently emitted by the crowd as the ball passed from his hand to the distant wicket-keeper."

"The fastest bowler I have ever seen." - Donald Bradman, the pre-Voges

A test bowling average of 18.5 speaks for himself. A freak of the sport and a worthy selection for the Bad Boys XI. Whilst he may not fit the character type, he certainly fills the on field requirements. Scary. Nasty. FAST.

He will fill my 1951-1960 quota.

Pogba

Bill Ponsford.

Can't tag on phone.

Wilfred Rhodes (1877-1910). Prolific and cunning left arm orthodox bowler who also ended with a batting average of 30 in test cricket despite starting as a number 11.

eth-dog

I'm out at for the day, so next pick may not be till tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens to Lara and Steyn?
I think the only way it could be fair is put them on my team exclude them from the draft at this point. Otherwise you'd assume the next two picks would definitely take Lara and probably Steyn as well.

With 619 wickets from 132 tests, the third highest of all time, my fifth pick is Anil Kumble (1991-2000).

Kumble's leg spin will complement the off-spin of Jim Laker. The two also share the unique achievement of taking all ten wickets in a test innings. So competition for wickets will be hot between the two.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back