Retired Allen Christensen (2014-2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great debut from Bundy I thought. He will be able to use it as a building block for the rest of the season. On the surface his game wasn't that impressive, however, he hardly had a pre season and he barely played any footy last year. His two goals highlighted his class but the thing I was most impressed with was his attack and hardness around the contest. He will be a great addition to the side this year and I think he will have a big game against North in perfect conditions:thumbsu:

I thought he did as well as could reasonably be expected, although he is obviously showing the downside of limited preparation. Maybe his body shape won't ever be slim, trim and terrific but he seems to have a fair way to go.

Nevertheless, in racing terms, will be better for the run and can be expected to improve over the season.

Christensen, Green 'overweight' and unfit: Aker

STAR Lions recruit Allen Christensen and fellow small forward Josh Green are overweight and unfit, former Lion and Bulldog Jason Akermanis believes.

Green and Christensen are two of a host of Brisbane Lions struggling badly in the winless opening five rounds, and were in the crosshairs of coach Justin Leppitsch at the weekend.

"I think (Dayne) Zorko and (Lewy) Taylor look in shape, whereas Christensen and Green look a little overweight," Akermanis told AFL.com.au.

"They don't look top-notch, lean and fast - they could be a couple of kilos lighter.

"As AFL athletes you'd expect them to be on top of that. They don't physically look fit enough."

If you didn't love Bundy enough after today, this article should help.

He sounds thoroughly invested in the club.

He made a newcomer's observation to teammate Luke McGuane during the week that Carlton, for all the gloom, must aspire to.

"This club bounces back so well from adversity. We've been getting smashed, but the feeling around the group has been absolutely amazing."

Christensen nearing full fitness

Christensen, who had back surgery in September, says the club is happy with his progress but promised he has much more to give.

"I'm not quite there, but I'm still running at a pretty high level and covering the ground pretty well," he said on Tuesday.

"That's all I can really do, is just keep playing games and keep getting fitter and fitter and start breaking a few more lines, which hopefully comes in the next couple of weeks."

He looks fitter. Not carrying the spare tyre around. Just needs to translate that to four quarter performance.

Will be interesting to see if we start using him more in the midfield after the bye. I would have thought thats what they would be targeting for him to get in there more often. His clearance work and burst from a pack will be valuable especially in conjunction with Hanley returning. Hopefully it will improve our midfield spread and ability to get the ball moving and actually translating a clearance stat into something positive.

Will be interesting to see if we start using him more in the midfield after the bye. I would have thought thats what they would be targeting for him to get in there more often. His clearance work and burst from a pack will be valuable especially in conjunction with Hanley returning. Hopefully it will improve our midfield spread and ability to get the ball moving and actually translating a clearance stat into something positive.

With both their pre-season's ruined - I think the best we can hope for in 2015 are 7/10 performances with a view to getting them cherry ripe for the upcoming one.

Rich too. His cameo performances have been really good, but the year after the ACL is usually a consolidating one.

I really hope Beams, Rocky, Hanley, Redden, Rich, Taylor, Robertson, Zorko and Christensen can have a good stretch together after the bye :thumbsu:

With both their pre-season's ruined - I think the best we can hope for in 2015 are 7/10 performances with a view to getting them cherry ripe for the upcoming one.

Rich too. His cameo performances have been really good, but the year after the ACL is usually a consolidating one.

I really hope Beams, Rocky, Hanley, Redden, Rich, Taylor, Robertson, Zorko and Christensen can have a good stretch together after the bye :thumbsu:
The thought of them all fit and firing together is really exciting. I know Hanley is only 1 player but he is probably the player that transforms a group like the one you listed from very good to very, very good if you know what I mean? He just adds that different element with his ability to run and carry and gain metres. He will make such a huge difference and when the team is playing well like we did against Port it will be so much fun to watch Hanley absolutely dominate. He will take opposition pressure off DBeams and Rich as well:thumbsu:

Allen Christensen admits to being nervous about returning to Geelong to take on his old side

“I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was nervous,” said Christensen who played 65 of his 81 games for Geelong.

“I don’t think it will be too friendly.”

The 24-year-old said there had already been some banter between former teammates ahead of the Round 18 clash.

“I’ll leave that for out on the ground,” he said.

“I don’t think the crowd will be too nice.

“I was a mad supporter when I was growing up and it’s always the same when someone leaves your club.

“I expect a few boos ... that’s up to them and it doesn’t faze me.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has hit peak form throughout the second half of this year and capped it off with a really good performance tonight. He has a really accurate kick for goal both on the run and set shot. 3 goals tonight highlighted that. Just a really classy player. He can find the footy, use it well, win his own ball/lay a tackle and go forward and kick some goals. Will be an A grader from age 26 onwards:thumbsu:

Has hit peak form throughout the second half of this year and capped it off with a really good performance tonight. He has a really accurate kick for goal both on the run and set shot. 3 goals tonight highlighted that. Just a really classy player. He can find the footy, use it well, win his own ball/lay a tackle and go forward and kick some goals. Will be an A grader from age 26 onwards:thumbsu:

I think he's pretty unreliable on set shots though lionshine. At least, he's missed several sitters this year.

We've got a few blokes who are a bit hit and miss on set shots, despite being quite good kicks otherwise. Bundy, Hanley and Rich can all go cold on set shots.

I think he's pretty unreliable on set shots though lionshine. At least, he's missed several sitters this year.

We've got a few blokes who are a bit hit and miss on set shots, despite being quite good kicks otherwise. Bundy, Hanley and Rich can all go cold on set shots.
Hmm interesting observation. I haven't checked the stats but I actually have more trust in Bundy from a set shot then on the run(Not to say that he isn't reliable on the run either though.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back