• VA,

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Christian boy,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Squarehead

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite show although my dislike for Americans sometimes spoils it.
So now it's alone Australia and in a place I've trekked following routes that escaped convicts took.
Interesting how it will go without production manipulation as the later American show did.

Hoping it gains support and love here.
The American (original) Alone had production manipulation? In what way? That is sad to hear.

Scripted 'Reality' shows are simply the worst..

So now it's alone Australia and in a place I've trekked following routes that escaped convicts took.
Interesting how it will go without production manipulation as the later American show did.

What happened with the manipulation?

The American (original) Alone had production manipulation? In what way? That is sad to hear.

Scripted 'Reality' shows are simply the worst..
Pieces of help in the way of advice.
Where an animal might be.!
What plants could be eaten.!
Maybe you haven't tracked everywhere yet!
We're just changing camera batteries!

I actually worked as an adviser on a outdoors survival expert show once.
Seeing the star stay in a motel and wake up under a branch canopy for the camera.
Me showing a production assistant things in a general conversation and hearing the expert repeat it on camera at the viewing of the program.
Joe Rogan(who I don't like) at least he admitted to all these foibles
The life of television hey.

Pieces of help in the way of advice.
Where an animal might be.!
What plants could be eaten.!
Maybe you haven't tracked everywhere yet!
We're just changing camera batteries!

I actually worked as an adviser on a outdoors survival expert show once.
Seeing the star stay in a motel and wake up under a branch canopy for the camera.
Me showing a production assistant things in a general conversation and hearing the expert repeat it on camera at the viewing of the program.
Joe Rogan(who I don't like) at least he admitted to all these foibles
The life of television hey.
Yeah, that was always Les Stroud's beef with Bear Grylls - not that he was envious at all 😅

I am guessing that type of manipulation (animal tracking or plant safety) isnt something you would necessarily know by just watching unless you had contacts behind the scenes?

Just starting watching the US/Canadian one on SBS, started with the Artic season.
Should of thought about it a bit more when deciding if to let the kids watch it, a squirrel getting an arrow through the head didn't impress them :eek:

Just starting watching the US/Canadian one on SBS, started with the Artic season.
Should of thought about it a bit more when deciding if to let the kids watch it, a squirrel getting an arrow through the head didn't impress them :eek:
"Welcome to the real world kids, that's life".... "Where do you think the food you get on your table comes from?" Etc.. etc..

Yeah, that was always Les Stroud's beef with Bear Grylls - not that he was envious at all 😅

I am guessing that type of manipulation (animal tracking or plant safety) isnt something you would necessarily know by just watching unless you had contacts behind the scenes?
Whenever a contestant left thier camp a production staff member would have to go over and change batteries in cameras that were staked on trees etc.
The next day the person would go from starving and not catching anything to suddenly" finding" something important to survival.
Other times contestants completely useless all of a sudden made unbelievable life preserving decisions.
I suppose if they all survived 20 months easily it wouldn't be a "show".

No wolves, bears or mountain lions. Soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back