amos rates round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

30 - Safety Bay Stormers - Brandon Ellis (Richmond) – Yep, was only a matter of time before a concentration moved onto the backs. One of the better ones.

31 - Draconian Knights - Jon Giles (Essendon) – A punt, but given Bellchambers could be writing the prelude for Ben Johnson’s book on the impact performance enhancers took on the result of the 1988 100m sprint at Seoul, and Ryder’s defection to Port, it could be worthwhile. Pass.

32 - South West Dragons - Brad Ebert (Port Adelaide) – Gave me headaches two seasons ago when I claimed him late and went on record saying he’ll lead me places. Where do you play him? Will get beaten most weeks but should be competitive.

33 - The Meerkats - Mitch Duncan (Geelong) – Gutsy pick. Would be interesting to note if he was on other radars at this point. Wasn’t anywhere near my list of considerations but I do like the selection.

34 - American Rednecks - Jamie Elliot (Collingwood) – Probably has insane numbers to back up the selection but there’s no way you’d take him before Breust, IMO. Should have last til turnaround making it a ‘too early’ for mine.

35 - The Super Troopers - Dayne Zorko (Brisbane) – Still can’t eliminate the prejudice I have of him to justify a 3rd rounder. I wouldn’t have done it when there were still solid players available.

36 - Classy Gentlemen - Luke Breust (Hawthorn) – Good get. Could get more mid rotation time so a couple more points on offer. Solid selection.

37 - Mozzie Bites - Joe Daniher (Essendon) – Could have lasted another five to six rounds but this is the shitty risks you need to take when you trade Buddy away.

38 - The Ladyboys - Tom Mitchell (Sydney) – Every coach will have a crack at a few types they hope might venture into carryover territorty. Im sure a few had Mitchell pegged as an early get only to be trumped. Too early? Perhaps, but I would have done the exact same thing if I already had my two forwards.

39 - City Oval Plovers - Drew Petrie (North Melbourne) – Ewwww. I remember playing a final once, can’t remember if it was here or the old AFLFF, but I needed Justin Koschitzke to score less than 25 in a game that has a similar scoring system to AFLDT. Kozzie spudded it up against the Hawks and scored 12. I won the final. Petrie reminds me so much of Kozzi in regards to, if you really need him to gun it one week to cause an upset because you’re in the game, trust me, he won’t. A big useless ******* dope.

40 - South-Eastern Polar Bears - Luke Hodge (Hawthorn) – Most likely to continue getting a heap of cheap s**t down back now. Seems way too early but he’ll get some big scores.

41 - The Repeaters* - Pearce Hanley (Brisbane) – Love it. Probably my pick of the round.

42 - Animals run wild - Dan Hannebery (Sydney) – Hmmmm, not sure where you’d play him, maybe OM? I looked at him and thought I couldn’t put my absolute trust in him beating his LFFL opponent week in, week out in any position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back