Android phones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a Fly Buys letter today. I don't actually have Fly Buys but it mentioned a LG Optimus Spirit available from Coles for Fly Buys members for $49.50.

I'm thinking of finding a couple of people I know with Fly Buys to grab them for me as I'm going overseas in a few months and they'd make a good cheap travel phone.

Locked to Telstra initially but that's easily fixed.

Anyone got a new Xperia S? Virgin have a good deal on right now with it free on $39 with 2.5GB of data, and my contract is up so time to move to a smartphone for me. I'm not a heavy user so I like the extra data on the lower plan.

Optus rang me yesterday and I have a free upgrade to the Samsung S3. Did a bit of research after I said yes, I have one of the first Samsung Galaxy's which I am happy with. After I learnt to live with the lag. As long as I can Bluetooth music in car, make phone calls, sms and post here on it I am happy.

Any thoughts on the new Samsung S3.

Any thoughts on the Motorola Razr Maxx? Not being sold in Australia, but might order it online.

Going overseas soon and the very strong battery life is a massive selling point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any thoughts on the Motorola Razr Maxx? Not being sold in Australia, but might order it online.

Going overseas soon and the very strong battery life is a massive selling point.

Last I read the original was a very underrated phone, and it's hard to argue with the massive battery. I assume ICS is out for it, or at least isn't too far away.

Is anyone using tunein radio or xiaalive to listen to international radio?

I'm getting repeated drop outs using a samsung g3 (non-T model) on both my vodafone signal and my home wifi which is cable.

I'm using the free versions of this software, and will obviously buy the full version if it'll improve the signal strength. Anyone else had any similar issues? Will buying the paid versions help?

It's really pissing me off because I really love the app.

Is anyone using tunein radio or xiaalive to listen to international radio?

I'm getting repeated drop outs using a samsung g3 (non-T model) on both my vodafone signal and my home wifi which is cable.

I'm using the free versions of this software, and will obviously buy the full version if it'll improve the signal strength. Anyone else had any similar issues? Will buying the paid versions help?

It's really pissing me off because I really love the app.

Wow drop outs on wifi? May help to pay for it I dunno. I listen to SEN on tunein sometimes and only ever have drop outs when my 3G signal drops down.

Andriod totally beat iphone. Just count the number of each andriod phone users and iphone users around you or just in your office. ;)

Andriod totally beat iphone. Just count the number of each andriod phone users and iphone users around you or just in your office. ;)

90% of females in my female dominated office would be ibots. One even after playing with my SGS2 (she's a blackberry) said she would still get the iphone, and I quote, "because it's cool".

Question for those with Android and preferably, use Gmail Contacts. Does your phone have the Contact Groups or not? I understand that the Exchange protocol has no concept of Contact Groups so you just get one big list of contacts without them being designated Family, Friends, Colleagues, etc.

Check out the Oppo Find 5:
Oppo-Finder-Smart-phone.jpg

Look how thing that thing is. Smaller than the S3 yet has a 5' screen. Could be an absolute killer or junk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back