Angel Di Maria

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, Suarez, Neymar, Ibrahimovic all probably better than him at there best. On current form would still be behind Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar. Messi at half his best is still better than Di Maria and 99.9% of players.
Robben is better than everyone bar Messi and Penaldo.

Is that you, Bert van Marwijk?
No that's somebody who has seen him carry Netherlands to WC and Euro semi/final and did the same with Bayern in 2010 carrying them to CL final. Ibra goes missing vs any good team every time in his career and Suarez is unproven against the elite. Bale and Neymar please not even worth discussing them.

4th best player in the world in general.

So far this season he is the 3rd best in the PL behind Costa and Fabregas.

Right here, right now, right this very moment, the best player in the world!

His world cup until injured, kept his country in it big time.

His start at Man U has been electric.

Watching him right now in an international friendly against Brazil and he sticks out like a sore thuimb.

Better than Messi, Ronaldo, whoever, right at this point in time!
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is definitely on par with the time someome told me Richard Tambling would be an AFL Brownlow medallist. There's so much evidence of the contrary.

Yeah, except it's not really.

We are talking about a player who is easily top 10 in the world on form, arguably even top 5 FFS. Did the OP get carried away here? Absolutely, but to mention those two players in the same sentence is getting just as carried away, even more so perhaps.

Yeah, except it's not really.

We are talking about a player who is easily top 10 in the world on form, arguably even top 5 FFS. Did the OP get carried away here? Absolutely, but to mention those two players in the same sentence is getting just as carried away, even more so perhaps.
... All that says to me is that Di Maria is not the #1 player in the world which is still the point. So either I need to replace 'on par with' with 'reminds me of' or you need to understand what you've written here.

An overzealous overestimation of a player in a club that you support. The parallel is there for me. That is all.

He scored a cherry in last years final after it was 3-1. Bale was the MOTM.

Yes he scored in the 2008 final but also choked the penalty and was lucky Terry was a donkey and fell over as he hit his.

Did he actually win it? I thought he was fairly average in that match and stuffed up a load of chances. Di Maria was on fire though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back