125254av.jpg

Guernsey Number: 18
Height: 186cm
Weight: 80kg
Recruited From: Nightcliff (NT)
Debut: 2004
Date of Birth: 22 June 1984

Re: Anthony Corrie

Just the article from when he got injured...

http://lions.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=injurydisplay&articleid=269600

I bring it up because I've seen the photos of him from the training thread (usually making a pest of himself:p)...can anyone update who's been to training, is he doing full training? Is he limited? The article suggested that he wouldn't be ready till midway through this year...and I can't find any other more recent info on it. Some watcher I am.:eek:

Just the article from when he got injured...

http://lions.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=injurydisplay&articleid=269600

I bring it up because I've seen the photos of him from the training thread (usually making a pest of himself:p)...can anyone update who's been to training, is he doing full training? Is he limited? The article suggested that he wouldn't be ready till midway through this year...and I can't find any other more recent info on it. Some watcher I am.:eek:

Was doing interval training before the intraclub yesterday. Switching between walking and jogging.

Was doing interval training before the intraclub yesterday. Switching between walking and jogging.

Cheers Browndog...i'm no physio or training expert by a long shot. Does that mean that he can only jog? Or could he be ready before it was originally predicted?

Cheers Browndog...i'm no physio or training expert by a long shot. Does that mean that he can only jog? Or could he be ready before it was originally predicted?

Think he's quite a while away yet Snuka.

By the sound of it the coaching staff are not rushing back anyone and will make them all serve out their year. After the issues with a few of the previous knees I think they are playing it safe especially in a season which is likely to be a rebuilding one.

By the sound of it the coaching staff are not rushing back anyone and will make them all serve out their year. After the issues with a few of the previous knees I think they are playing it safe especially in a season which is likely to be a rebuilding one.

What does that mean? Sitting out the year? :confused:

What does that mean? Sitting out the year? :confused:

I believe Quigley was referring to the original 12 months off that was prescribed when he 1st got the injury (sorry Quigs if i'm off). So it would be 12 months since May which see him return about round 9 or 10.

I think it could possibly mean that the players are getting a full year off to recover from their injuries but might be some later in the season. am i wrong?

See above...depends on each players situation I guess. Not the season off, just a years worth of recovery.

Precisely. Hadley and Garner become available again after the last practice match. That will mean they'll have their training workload gradually increased over about 4-6 weeks till it more or less matches everyone else -- assuming no niggles.

I would assume that would make it unlikely that either would be match fit enough to play round 1 or 2 for Suncoast. Perhaps a few minutes each quarter in round 3 might be an achievable goal -- if everything else was going fine.

Corrie's knee was apparently unusally bad (looked so inoccuous at the time), so they are only going to be more cautious with him -- being a rookie now, I'd think he'd have to do exceptionally well when at Suncoast when he begins his comeback in May to get back to senior footy this year.

29lh5zt.jpg

Corrie takes the cake
6:46:00 PM Wed 28 February, 2007
lions.com.au

Lions rookie Anthony Corrie stacked his way to victory last week at UnitingCare’s fourth annual Pancake Day Corporate Breakfast at the Carlton Crest Hotel.

Corrie was invited back to the event as the reigning pancake champion after he won their 2006 pancake flipping contest.

This time, Corrie led a team of four competitors in a pancake stacking race against Australian Hockeyroos captain Nikki Hudson and her team. The competition was fierce and despite dropping their pancakes six times throughout the three minute relay, Corrie’s team emerged as victorious.

The speedy Lions forward now has the unique honour of being the first ever back-to-back pancake champion.

160 people attended the charity event which raises money for Queenslanders in need, through supporting their agencies that include Lifeline Community Care, Blue Care, Crossroads (QLD), UnitingCare Health, Wesley Missions (Brisbane and Ipswich) and the Centre for Social Justice.

Corrie received rave reviews for his performance both with the frying pan and on the microphone as he entertained the guests with his usually quick-witted sense of humour. He was awarded with two cartons of pancake mix for his efforts.

While Corrie is currently focussing on a return to the football field later this year, he is sure to have the 2008 Pancake Day firmly in the back of his mind where he will aim to achieve an historic three-peat.

As part of the fundraising initiative, approximately 600 organisations around Queensland, including churches, community groups, businesses, schools and restaurants cooked and sold pancakes to raise money for those less fortunate.
http://lions.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=316552

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on Corrie? Does anyone know if he will start playing for Suncoast in the next couple of weeks?

Round 9 is when he went out last year. According to the timetable set by the club that should mean he should be back to full training and we may see him in the Suncoast shortly.

Still looks a little ginger for mine when I see him at training and is not even running laps or doing any fitness work during training times. Think I remember it being said that it was a particularly bad injury. Maybe Round 16-17 would be my guess.

Still looks a little ginger for mine when I see him at training and is not even running laps or doing any fitness work during training times. Think I remember it being said that it was a particularly bad injury. Maybe Round 16-17 would be my guess.

That'll make it pretty hard for him to put together performances to get himself promoted back to the senior list.

However, the Lions management must've known how bad the injury was at the time, so never expected him to be back in 12 months. To me, there's just no sense keeping a bloke on the rookie list, let him play a handful of games then delist him. Hopefully Corrie will be given time to work his way back.

16-17 is the new 12-13.

Great to see Anthony finally getting back on the park this week, lining up for Suncoast v Southport. Gotta give kudos to the boy...often forgotten but IMO was a very promising player when we had very few in the last couple of years. Not sure he'll have the time to prove himself this year, only 5 rounds to go and plenty still in front of him for a call up. Big question I guess is will he (can he) be retained as a rookie next year or will it be elevation or delisting?

My impression that is he can't be a mature rookie because he's previously been on an AFL list. And at a guess I thought the cut off for non-mature rookies was 23 years, so he would be too old.

Someone will undoubtedly come along and point out my errors though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back