Past Anthony Corrie (2003-2008)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Anthony Corrie

He's going to be as good as he'll ever be next year, 25, no excuses with injury. Sso yeah I could see him playing well, but I'm really not sure where the Pies are going to fit him in.
Don't know if he'll adapt to a defensive role. He looked great running it out in a pre-season game I saw this year, but don't know how much defending he did. It would be a big risk playing him as a HBF in my opinion.

I don't think it would -Corrie played very well at HBF after returning from his knee injury - also, has always been able to kick goals from the 50 - if he plays better than he did in 2008 Collingwood will be happy and we will hear all about it on this board.

Some comments from a Pie's perspective:

As Ray Button pointed out, we ended up taking Rockliff with Corrie's spot so, for better or worse, it will interesting to compare their careers from this point on.
Precisely Grim,

Lobster vs Nuxy over 5 years I favour Tommy.

Over 10 years 09 to 19 I’m even more certain. [bookmark me if you wish-but don’t look at my cricket posts]

Was very ordinary tonight. NO REGRETS..

Agree. In a game where his team totally dominated and half the opposition were rookies, Corrie won't get too much better opportunity to impress.

MM was diplomatic in his response at the end of the game when asked how the new recruits went but i had the impression that he wasn't all that happy.

Basically said Corrie has his strengths but he is soft. Didn't sound miffed that we let him go at all.

From memory, didn't Corrie break his jaw running back with the flight back in 2004, receiving rave reviews from the Lions coaching staff?

And, no, he shouldn't (on form/positional requirements) be in our side for round one.

From memory, didn't Corrie break his jaw running back with the flight back in 2004, receiving rave reviews from the Lions coaching staff?

That is correct, but it seems he has been mindful of that ever since.

Currently worth 40k odd more than L.Franklin on SuperCoach. We should have held out an extra year on the trade and upgraded on a late draft pick for Buddy.... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't been taking count but I reckon nearly 9 out of 10 of our delistings haven't done much which may be considered a small win.

Yup. Corrie was the final list spot we freed up in 2008.

We filled that vacancy with a player by the name of Thomas Rockliff.

Have a bit of a gut feeling that this is one of those trades that could bite us on the bum.

Crimso, perhaps it was just indigestion.:p

Corrie to mentor young players
30th January 2012

The Darwin-born goal sneak is living proof how fickle fame and fortune can be in the AFL. After a promising start with the Brisbane Lions, Corrie never lived up to the high expectations with his seven-year, 56-game AFL career coming to an end after a wretched run of injuries and wavering form.

Fortunately, fame and fortune are things Corrie has no interest in at the Western Magpies and only agreed to this interview on the basis he could speak about his true mission: being a mentor for the players coming through.

"That's the main reason why I decided I wanted to play at this footy club," he said. "I want to help nurture the kids. I don't want to be seen as a player who used to play AFL footy, who has come back to local footy just to tell everyone 'this is how you should be doing it' and 'follow what I do'. All I want to do is hopefully guide them."

corrie.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back