Any other blood donors here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not meaning to show off but last week was my 24th donation. :cool:

Should have my 25th donation by my 10 year anniversary of my first donation.

I should be coming up on number 20 soon. I've lost count.

I will have my 3rd visit to the vampires in a few weeks time. Really glad I started and wont stop now. I look up to the people with 20+ visits as I hope to be their one day. And a plus side I met a good old friend I use to play footy with there as he was donating too. Get around it people. Oh and im B+ too so they have talked me into donating plasma as often as I can.

My brother donates and red cross blood service is asking him if I can get tested a donate as well. We both have AB+ blood type and they want him in as often as possible just not for the red blood cells. They want his plasma for some reason. Haven't gotten around to donating yet myself but hopefully I will in the next few months.

Last edited:
My brother donates and red cross blood service is asking him if I can get tested a donate as well. We both have AB+ blood type and they want him in as often as possible just not for the red blood cells. They want his plasma for some reason. Haven't gotten around to donating yet myself but hopefully I will in the next few months.

Whereas O- is the universal blood donor because it's given to everyone, AB+ is the universal plasma donor because the plasma can be used for everyone. However only 2% of the population is AB+.

I had a fear of needles that I think I've gotten over, will be donating for the first time soon.

Well done to everyone for donating.

Last edited:
Plasma is an amazing thing to donate.
Saves many lives.
Used a lot for leukaemia patients.
Strangest stuff when you see it being transfused,looks like thick urine.

I'm O-. Have only donated once before. Really should get onto it.

Yeah I'm going to have to get over my irrational dislike for needles very shortly and get my butt into gear. No idea what blood type I am though. Most likely something unremarkable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had my third visit. Booked in for december 30th. Still doesnt get any easier.

Another plasma donation down. Hopefully when my health improves I'll be able to go back to whole blood - ended up in a wheelchair last time (might have been caused by the world's fastest blood donation, 4:35 :D)!

Another plasma donation down. Hopefully when my health improves I'll be able to go back to whole blood - ended up in a wheelchair last time (might have been caused by the world's fastest blood donation, 4:35 :D)!
Impressive time. My last one was 4:55 only a month back. Its wierd aye sometimes its slow and you feel fine sometimes its quick and you feel like crap. Good work.

10 years ago I used to be down closer to 5 minutes blown out now due to getting older and being unfit I guess.

I hate needles. Still, just had donation number 22, whole blood again and it looks like whatever health issue was plaguing me earlier is gone as apart from feeling sleepy I'm fine. :D A lot of newbies at the Edward St. centre tonight which is awesome.

Ceebee I saw the picture of your grandson too on the window. So thrilled I can help people like him!

(Plus just imagine how awesome it would be to get MY blood. Your awesome factor would shoot through the roof instantly)

I hate needles. Still, just had donation number 22, whole blood again and it looks like whatever health issue was plaguing me earlier is gone as apart from feeling sleepy I'm fine. :D A lot of newbies at the Edward St. centre tonight which is awesome.

Ceebee I saw the picture of your grandson too on the window. So thrilled I can help people like him!

(Plus just imagine how awesome it would be to get MY blood. Your awesome factor would shoot through the roof instantly)
Yep.people like you saved his life Kezz.We will be forever grateful.as will all the others you have helped. Thank you.
He is a great little AFL player now too.Absolutely loves the rough stuff and taking hangers.xo

Hey so I'm not supposed to give blood because I lived in the UK for about a year in the mid-nineties. People in Aust who lived there for 6 months or more between 1980 and 1996 are not eligible to give blood. It's because of mad cow disease.

I've always wondered, how does Red Cross UK approach this? They can't just eliminate half the population from blood donation can they? When I lived in Japan just after my UK stint the Red Cross there didn't accept blood from westerners due to a high risk of HIV.

31 times.

Had a bad reaction for the first time. A fair bit of internal bleeding. My left elbow is all purple and blue. Gonna take a few days to settle down.

31 times.

Had a bad reaction for the first time. A fair bit of internal bleeding. My left elbow is all purple and blue. Gonna take a few days to settle down.
I had that happen to me a long time ago, not blood donation though blood tests. I was purple from the elbow to shoulder region.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back