Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

had an interesting chat today and the benchmark is 10mt at 10% Zn eq. So the hits have to turn out to be the norm.

that said, it is open along strike and depth and grades are improving at depth.

certainly more to the story but a lot of hard work corporately and exploration is required.

Well spotted.
In the south zone where they've asked for the additional permit, the average strive is 8%, which is a commercially viable strike. Continue to get that and away we go

Someone once said that the height of speculation was buying into a mine that isn't yet a hole in the ground.

It did exactly that just recently and came up with 54.5g/t Au, 4.7% copper, 7.4% Zn, 52.5% Pb and 670g/t Ag

looks like it is 400m long, 2m wide and no idea on depth

looks like a $500k punt might pay off

It did exactly that just recently and came up with 54.5g/t Au, 4.7% copper, 7.4% Zn, 52.5% Pb and 670g/t Ag

looks like it is 400m long, 2m wide and no idea on depth

looks like a $500k punt might pay off

Only the "$500k" makes sense to me in that post.

Much prefer cigar butts with one free puff, but good luck guys, hope it is a fruitful venture.

Only the "$500k" makes sense to me in that post.

Much prefer cigar butts with one free puff, but good luck guys, hope it is a fruitful venture.

it is what i do for a living

I financed the conversion of AGO from gold to iron and owned 35% through my fund and the major shareholder of my fund. we also underwrote RIV at $0.20, to take a 20% position and got out on the take over. then again, I will only tell you about the winners;)

I have shares in Telstra Corporation, I am a former employee of Telstra and am unsure what to do with my current stock?

Currently sitting at $5.49 which is the highest its been in the last 3-4 years.. Question is, can it continue to grow?

Is it worth keeping?

Any advise/reasoning will be much appreciated..

I have shares in Telstra Corporation, I am a former employee of Telstra and am unsure what to do with my current stock?

Currently sitting at $5.49 which is the highest its been in the last 3-4 years.. Question is, can it continue to grow?

Is it worth keeping?

Based on a long term view I see reasons to sell being greater pressure from global competition but the main offset to this is govt protection via over-regulating a small market.

So whilst interest rates are low, the dividend stream and franking credits are attractive.

I guess it makes it a hold unless you have better use for your funds or better investment opportunities.

Agree with the above. Telstra isn't going to make you incredibly rich, but it's unlikely you're going to lose the money either. Pretty much unless there is a need for the money you may as well keep it tied up with them and get the dividends.

Probably worth pointing out that the market as a whole is reaching post GFC highs, so it's not just Telstra.

Is it worth keeping?

Think it will grow, personally And you have to ask yourself, what would you do with the money if you sold ? Agree with the 2 above posts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

P:E of 28 seems pretty high when ROE is not great, and child care is something that can be heavily influenced by the government and they way they choose to fund/subsidise. Would like it at half the price though.

A combination of organic growth and recent acquisitions helped G8 Education increase its first-half net profit by a massive 48% to $16.31 million, compared to $11 million in the same period last year. Revenues also jumped strongly, up 59% to $187.25 million, while underlying earnings per share (EPS) rose 26% to 5.21 cents. Earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) were up 77% for the half at $31.1 million.

Also G8 Education currently controls just 5% of the childcare services market in Australia, it is clear that there is still plenty of growth potential for the company. I bought in recently after having it on my watch list for a year in which it went up over 90%. Really believe there is still massive room for growth.

A combination of organic growth and recent acquisitions helped G8 Education increase its first-half net profit by a massive 48% to $16.31 million, compared to $11 million in the same period last year. Revenues also jumped strongly, up 59% to $187.25 million, while underlying earnings per share (EPS) rose 26% to 5.21 cents. Earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) were up 77% for the half at $31.1 million.

Also G8 Education currently controls just 5% of the childcare services market in Australia, it is clear that there is still plenty of growth potential for the company. I bought in recently after having it on my watch list for a year in which it went up over 90%. Really believe there is still massive room for growth.

I could buy a bank such as Westpac or something like Ansell (ANN) and GEM would have to almost double its earnings again to get the same return. Massive room for growth isn't enough for me when the return is currently about bank interest.

As I said though, I'd be interested at half the price.

I've been tipped a few a couple of weeks ago, does anyone have opinions on MND, TNE, HSO and MEP?
I'm looking at HSO for a long term buy - 20 of my holdings are long term holds, some I've held for years already.
Lack of DRP is an issue, I prefer DRP for LT holds.

They might be a while yet for that.

I was thinking of HSO, TNE and GEM for the SMSF on a LT buy for each.
Not bad - been holding GEM for a while, had some ups and downs but I like their management team overall - incremental increases in (albeit small) market share over time.

If the PPL gets torpedoed in the short or long term, it's likely that childcare funding and/or rebates could come into play.

Can anyone shed light on what happened with Aus Drill (ASL) today? Closed on Wed at roughly $1.15, opened today at $1.05, reached $1.37 before midday, fell back towards $1.25 in the arvo, and closed above $1.30. Seems pretty crazy for one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back