dr nick

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2002
Dee Why, NSW
AFL Club
Sydney
If so where are you sitting?

sfx29926.gif

I just realised the GF kicks off at 5pm. That is so much better.

Gates 11:45am
NSW Cup 12:15pm
Toyota Cup 2:15pm
Teltra Premiership NRL Grand Final Kick Off 5:00pm

none of that 3 hour wait after the end of reserve grade.

sitting in Aisle 106 Row 5, apparently on the 50 metre line front and centre

I'm not going this year.

This is partly because I'm already going to at least 3 World Cup matches (that I already have bought tickets for - and I may end up going to the Parra Stadium matches yet) and you have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to spending money on going to the footy. I'm also going this weekend to the Warriors v Manly match.

N37.
Praying Storm get over the line this Friday. I'm still going up to sydney, but if we don't make it, I'll seriously think about just going to the George at the Rocks and just watching it on TV. Will probably go though, as I have a soft spot for the Sharks and have a few mates from the local rowing club there.

yeh will be tough if storm isnt there...but its a great occasion as well...also getting there early to see lower grades :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's easy to get a ticket compared to the AFL and there are three reasons:-
1. Genreally higher AFL crowds
2. The NRL GF doesn't have quite the same cultural impact / tradition that the AFL GF has - only half the city stops
3. Unlike the greedy AFL, there are more than 25,000 seats available to actual supporters, thus less demand.

I reckon the NRL does their GF beautifully - the entertainment is always better that the AFL and they do not pander to the corporates as much as the AFL does. There are more real fans there.

If the 2009 NRL GF is the week after the AFL again, I would love to get a ticket and head up.

GO HAWKS
GO STORM

I'd love to go but only if Storm were playing. It would be too sad this year. However, love to go to one and I am wrapt about one thing, more tickets are available to real supporters as somesaid above, the afl are greedy and should offer participating team's members at least 50% of the tickets. Its tragic cos they have enough money anyway.

I'll be there. Hopefully watching the boys go back-to-back, but looking forward to it either way, as the NRL generally put on a good show..

Any idea who's performing this year?

Got B reserve tickets on the 2nd day they came out and I'm stuck in the rafters on level 6!! Would have paid as much as required to get on the ground floor, but appears to be all ANZ members... Spoken to work, and if the storm make it a corporate box will be made available, so I just need to kiss the boss's a**e for the next week if they do!

It's easy to get a ticket compared to the AFL and there are three reasons:-
1. Genreally higher AFL crowds
2. The NRL GF doesn't have quite the same cultural impact / tradition that the AFL GF has - only half the city stops
3. Unlike the greedy AFL, there are more than 25,000 seats available to actual supporters, thus less demand.

I reckon the NRL does their GF beautifully - the entertainment is always better that the AFL and they do not pander to the corporates as much as the AFL does. There are more real fans there.

If the 2009 NRL GF is the week after the AFL again, I would love to get a ticket and head up.

GO HAWKS
GO STORM

Just a quick look at the 2009 Calender, I would say the NRL Grand Final would be held on the 4th October 2009, mark it on your Calenders NOW!! even if you go up for the Event

i will be there for the 3rd year in a row... hopefully the storm go back to back

It was live nationally last year... presumably will be again.

Melbourne making it is the best thing that could happen ratings-wise.

Mate, do not expect Channel 9 to not show the news.........it's just unthinkable and the fallout would be massive.

Channel 9 don't care about NRL or the Storm.

The GF has been live for a few years, but I just don't trust channel 9 to show it live this year.

Heck, they just delayed Melbourne's prelim last night! :thumbsdown:

Game should be shown live everywhere its a joke that Channel 9 rules the game and is screwing it at the same time.

Gallop is a joke when it comes to this :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back